Boatbuilder set to hire back workers

Published online: Dec 28, 2009 News
Viewed 130 time(s)

Fineline Industries, manufacturers of Centurion boats, says it will begin the new year by calling back a portion of its work force.

 

About 25 percent of the work force that had been laid off are expected to be called back immediately, company spokesman Mark Overbye told Soundings Trade Only. About 80 people had been laid off, he said.

"It's with great relief and excitement that we are able to return to more normal production rates after the challenges of 2009," Centurion president Rick Lee said in a statement. "We anticipate bringing back our trained work force and look forward to doing some hiring to support our newly growing demand."

The company is reporting increased retail activity and a reduction in inventories, which has resulted in a stream of new 2010 orders. The company currently has enough orders to take it through July, Overbye said.

You May Also Be Interested In...

April 28, 2015

NMMA in legal trouble over boat show relocation

Remember a couple weeks ago when the NMMA canceled their big boat show in Chicago? Well, it turns out that's not the only trouble they're having lately.
April 16, 2015

Breaking News

The National Marine Manufacturers Association canceled the Progressive Chicago In-Water Boat Show, which was set to take place June 11-14, and will stop producing the annual show.
April 16, 2015

West Marine announces new "Deck Out Dad" social media contest

West Marine has launched a new social media campaign called Deck Out Dad!
April 03, 2015

66 Days At Sea

We are happy to report that after being adrift at sea and lost for 66 days, Louis Jordan has been rescued 200 miles off the coast of South Carolina.
Follow us on Facebook!  Follow us on Instagram!  Follow us on Twitter!  Follow us on YouTube!