BRP expands its innovative Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series line-up with a new Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP model. The Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP Pontoon Series is the ideal choice for any smaller-to-midsize pontoon application.
Last June, BRP unveiled its Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series outboards with the 90, 115 and 150 horsepower options; ideal for any midsize-to-larger pontoon application.
"The initial response to our Pontoon Series has been overwhelmingly positive, and we are pleased to expand this innovative and unparalleled line-up," said Alain Villemure, vice president and general manager of BRP's Marine Propulsion Systems division. "The Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP Pontoon Series is the perfect option for pontoon owners who want maximum performance, comfort and convenience in this horsepower segment."
Like all Evinrude E-TEC Pontoon Series offerings, the Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP model is the only outboard engine specifically designed to meet the needs of pontoon owners in the 60-75 HP segment. Best-in-class features of the Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP Pontoon Series include:
- Application Specific Gear Ratio - Provides more torque and higher thrust for quicker acceleration, improved throttle response and more power to stop when needed
- Remote Oil Tank Reservoir - Affords easy access for checking and re-filling, and with a combined oil capacity up to 2.25 gallons, the time between fill ups can be extended by more than two years for the average pontoon user
- Comes standard on the E65SL model and offered as an accessory on E65SNL
- Specifically Designed Motor Mounts - State-of-the-art framework reduces vibration by up to 40 percent, giving pontoon owners a quieter and more enjoyable boating experience
- Superior Electrical Output - With more than twice the charging capacity of competitors, the 65 HP Pontoon Series will deliver enough power to run all of today's outboard electronics without draining the batteries
- Ultra-low Emissions - Besides a CARB 3-Star certification, carbon monoxide levels are up to 50 times lower than competitive offerings at idle speeds
- Lower Maintenance - 3 years or 300 hours or no dealer scheduled maintenance means no annual tune-ups or oil changes, reducing operating costs and allowing for more time on the water
- Auto Winterization - The 65 HP Pontoon Series fogs itself automatically in minutes, which not only saves pontoon owners a costly trip to the dealer, but also extends their boating season
The Evinrude E-TEC 65 HP Pontoon Series will be available for delivery in early spring 2014 in North America.
BRP's Evinrude engine line-up from 3.5- to 300 horsepower offers customers superior value across a full range of applications. Engines are available at authorized Evinrude dealerships worldwide. Become part of the online Evinrude community at www.evinrudenation.com and follow them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/brpevinrude.