It would take one person watching for 82 years to view what is uploaded every hour to YouTube. That volume of videos also means recreational boaters consistently have a trove of how-to, consumer and practical help easily viewed at any hour of the day. What did boaters watch this year? Boat Owners Association of The United States (BoatUS) shares its list of Top 10 Most-Watched Boating Videos from 2019.
Said BoatUS Magazine Publisher Elio Betty, whose editors produce BoatUS’s videos: “Boaters are always hungry to learn more or to pick up a challenging new boat-handling skill such as learning how to back a single engine inboard boat into a slip, our most-watched video posted this year.” Viewers to the BoatUS YouTube channel also sought out practical advice: ‘How to Tie a Clove Hitch’ was No. 2. “Along with a cleat hitch and bowline, every boater needs to know these three knots. It also makes perfect sense that ‘How to Choose a Bimini Top’ was No. 4 – we all want a place that’s out of the sun, and a bimini is one the first purchases boaters make after they buy a boat.”
The BoatUS YouTube channel’s top 10 most-watched boating videos from 2019:
1. Docking: Backing Into a Slip with a Single Engine Inboard Boat
2. How to Tie a Clove Hitch
3. Boat Handling: Pivot or ‘Walk’ a Single Screw Inboard Without Thrusters
4. Buyers Guide: How Do I Choose a Boat Bimini Top?
5. How to Raise and Lower a Boat Bimini Top
6. 5 Fishing Lures Every Angler Should Own
7. Create A Hurricane Plan for Your Boat
8. 3 New Walkarounds from Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2019
9. How to Pivot or Turn Around a Single Engine Inboard Boat in its Own Length
10. Highlights of Jeanneau Leader 9.0 CC