Owosso manufacturer, Crest Pontoons, will once again donate a 2021 Classic LX 200SLC pontoon boat complete with a 60hp Mercury engine and trailer valued at more than $60,000 to Owosso High School’s Career and Technical Education Programs raffle. Based on past experience, the school anticipates this raffle will raise upwards to $50,000 towards the Career and Technical Education Programs developmental efforts – a very meaningful contribution to the department’s annual budget.
“We (Crest Pontoons) strive to continuously push the boundaries of innovation through our skilled men and women building and perfecting our boat designs,” said Crest Pontoons President Patrick May. “We look forward to the long-lasting relationship between Crest Pontoons and Owosso High School’s vocational programs.”
Raffle tickets are $100 each. These funds will be used to build Career and Technical Education programs (formerly known as vocational education) and support Owosso students. For the last four years, the raffle proceeds have benefitted students in the following ways:
- 14 students started a Welding program at Baker College
- Supported the construction of an Agricultural Science Greenhouse & Garden
- Purchased John Deere tractor for Agri-Science and Construction programs
- Purchased new woodworking equipment
- Purchased a trailer and equipment for construction trades
- Supported student trips to CTE focused national competitions and trade shows
Raffle tickets for the pontoon and trailer will be sold until June 14 or until 500 tickets are sold. To purchase a ticket, call 989-729-5519. Learn more about Crest Pontoons at crestpontoonboats.com.