Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home

The Pontoon and Deck boat forum will be closing soon. New posting has been disabled.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hardtop Wanted

Default Hardtop Wanted

Looking for an old style or actually, any type hardtop to put on my 97 Landau DX20. Currently has a 4 bow 8' bimini which needs new material. It looks like these old style hardtops are longer (more shade) which is what I want. The sun is brutal here in Florida. Anyhow, if you have one or know where one is please reply. I am located in north central Florida.

Fair winds and following seas, Friz

Hey Friz! I don't know if this helps but I recently wrote about this product. I've never seen it in person but the creator has tons of boating experience http://www.jsupperdecks.com/
    Katie Burke
    Assistant Editor- PDB Magazine
    katie@harrispublishing.com

I added a Bimini Buddy- a 5' extension to my 9' top. I think the cost was about 600. Anyways, it takes about 5-10 minutes to put it up and take it down and I love it!
    Check; www.biminibuddy.com

Thank you for the responses. The jsupperdeck looks to be permanently installed. I need something that will fold down for trailering and low bridges. My toon follows me home in the evening. The old style hard tops fold forward and down. Went to the Bimini Buddy site. Looks like it is only available in 8 1/2' beam. Mine is 8'. To bad as it may have been an option.

Thanks again, Friz

Hey Friz; Too bad about the BiminimBuddy only coming in 8 1/2' width. It really is a nice , quality product. Have you looked at Overton's website. They have different sizes available for their biminis. I'm thinking you could mount one of their's backwards and, voila!, you could have almost the entire boat immersed in shade!!!

Hey Friz, Me again. Check out pontoon hardtop @ Craigslist in Greenville, SC. Listing is near the end of listings for 9-4. Or just call the guy @ 864-642-7415. Good luck!

Wait a minute now. Aren't there more posts with this thread? I do recall responding to drive2boat about the Craigslist hardtop he found and said something to the effect of having to search cities one at a time. Someone, I don't remember who, came back with a method for doing a universal search on craigslist. It worked fairly well but I don't see that post anymore! Am I having a senior moment here?

It's possible the person who posted that info decided to edit-and delete it.
    2012 Berkshire 230 CL LTD w/Tap Fins
    2012 90 HP Mercury on 6" Z-Lock Jack Plate and Stingray Stabilizer Fin
    2013 Load Rite Elite Trailer
    Located in beautiful Sunny, Central Virginia

Here is how to search all of craigslist at one time. http://www.searchtempest.com/
    Mike
    1993 tracker fishin barge 21
    2015 evinrude pontoon series 90HP
    Winter; Chicago, IL
    Summer: Weyauwega, WI on the Wolf River

Didn't know you could do that but yes, it probably is what happened.

searchtempest.com is the bomb. Easy to use and it actually works. Found a $50 Starcraft hard top in the Birmingham, AL area. Darn the bad luck, it is almost 500 miles away.

Thanks gentlemen,

Friz

+ Reply to Thread