Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pontoon water glide

Default pontoon water glide

I have an almost new pontoon water glide. You can read about the PWG @www.pontoonwaterglide.com. Why am I selling it. It made my prop cavitate too often and I don't want to deal with trying to fix it. FYI- I t does what the manufacturer says it will do. I paid almost $2,000 for this piece of equipment. I will sell it to some lucky individual for $1,400. Please send me a private message if you are interested and we will talk. I am in central Virginia. Thanks...
    Last edited by drive2boat; 08-19-2014 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Add pics

I thought you had to supply water glide demensions for your boat they have a measurement form on their site, or will they fit any pontoon?
    Last edited by Bill T; 08-07-2014 at 06:27 PM.

The water glide will fit any pontoon. The dimensions determine where you mount it. I will call Dave at PWG and see if he will give you dimensions for your particular pontoon to help me sell this item. What kind of pontoon are you considering the water glide for? It could be very similar to mine.

I have a G3 Sun Catcher 22DLX 2013, I am not sure I am that interested in purchasing rignt now. I have been reading about the Water Glide.

howdee , i have considered for a long time now something like this .
    i have considered adding a 3 log front to back to give me more weight cap, as well as storage and gas tank . looking around for a boat for parts.
    other than the negative you experienced what positive can you share about your pwg
    94 sea nymph deck boat with a 120 Johnson

86 playcraft pontoon boat with a 50 classic merc

The Pontoon Water Glide people will furnish you with the proper mounting location, as long as they remember who I am. And if you are considering a water glide, I doubt you'll find the purchase price to get less!! Let me know your decision.

The water glide did as the website advertises. Boat is 4-5 mph faster. Boat partially planes which gives a noticeably quieter ride. Load distribution is much less important as the water glides adds approx. 700 lbs buoyancy.The manufacturer warned me that I might have cavitation problems as my prop was not very low in the water to start with. I was also told that the ride would be stiffer in rough water which would be expected, especially if you are now capable of running faster speeds. I have talked with a man who has run numerous glides as he runs a fishing guide service and he says they are the best "bang for the buck" addition that you can add to a pontoon boat. If you run your boat with a fairly heavy load, the cavitation problem would likely not be a problem. I, on the other hand, usually run a very light load.

Happy to report that water glide is "SOLD"!!! Thank you Jim.

+ Reply to Thread