Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sunset Cruise FORUM MEMBERS ONLY

Default Sunset Cruise FORUM MEMBERS ONLY

Hi Pontoon-Loving Peeps!

I have been working on securing a boat for the Sunset Cruise. Just got off the phone with Bennington and they are going to bring us a boat! When the Bennington rep found out it was for you beloved forum members, he said he was going to bring one of their Q series boats. Top of the line!

If you aren't a forum member, there is a place to rent boats so you don't miss out. But we will be on a brand-new 2015 2552 QCW I/O. So exciting!

I've been going through ticket sales and so far I have Carl, Suzi, Dan, Denise, Jerry, Danny and myself. Am I missing anyone? This boat is for forum members only so make sure I include you in the head count

KB
    Katie Burke
    Assistant Editor- PDB Magazine
    katie@harrispublishing.com

Thanks Katie. You're # 1! I don't know about the rest of you guys that are attending this gala event, but I'm really starting to get in the mindset to be there and have some fun and see and ride some great boats and meet some great people. I booked my reservation for the night on the road this morning. And I've got my meal stops (Various Cracker Barrels) picked out! So the biggest thing left for me to do is change "stuff" from my vehicle to Maggie's as she normally drives the family tripmobile, and she wants me to drive the better vehicle. Isn't she sweet? (You better believe she is and then some- I sure wish she could make the trip with me).
    Getting excited and ready to "Go West"!!!

Oh Katie, just curious, what type of music is the concert Friday night?

Oh boy, really looking forward to this. Thanks Katie. See ya'll soon.
    2012 Excursion X23C
    90hp Yamaha 4 stroke
    Duel Axle Trailer ready to go anywhere
    All pulled with Z71 4WD Silveradro
    Maritime Mobile KD4LZL
    Lake Allatoona, NW Ga.
    FSO USCG Auxiliary
    Vietnam 66 / 67

You mean we're not going to meet mrs. Danny or mrs. Jerry?
    Carl & Suzi
    Denver,NC
    2007 Bennington 2275rl tri-toon
    150 Honda 15x15p Enertia
    Power assisted steering
    Beautiful Lake Norman
    Pleiku Vietnam 1971
    Agent Orange

Hi Danny! I want you to know when you didn't log on for those few months, I googled your name to make sure nothing happened! I missed you! Billy Brown sings country mainly. I saw him perform at our houseboat show in Kentucky and he did all kinds of covers for rock bands as well. Anytime anyone from the crowd had an idea, he made it happen! Overall, it was just a fun night of entertaining and we're confident he'll bring the same energy to PDB Days!

KB
    Katie Burke

Katie - Sounds like you have hooked us up BIG TIME! Thanks for all of your efforts! Looking forward to PDB Days!
    Dan & Denise, Preston CT

2009 22 1/2' Hand-Crafted Tri-Hull Wooden Pontoon
    "All Spruced Up"

1985 90 HP Evinrude 2-Stroke
    2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ Crew Cab
    2005 Boat Wheels Aluminum Trailer

Carl: No, unfortunately Mrs. Danny will be hard at work trying to impart some knowledge to a bunch of 1st graders. Teacher absenteeism during the first month of school better be preceded by death-their own. She would love to be there as she really loves her pontoon boats and she kind of likes to hang around with me, especially when we're playing, and having a ball!!! My directions are to take a lot of pictures. I sure hope I don't forget my camera!

Katie: It was very sweet of you to miss me for those several months. I'll try not to have a repeat absence. If Billy Brown runs out of steam, I guess I'll just have to prop him up. Is the Chateau close enough to be Branson to be "discovered" in the entertainment world? I used to say when I retired that I was going to go to Nashville and be discovered. Somehow I don't remember ever hearing of even one grey headed, overweight 64 year old male with modest talent singing mostly gospel music causing much (translated-any) interest in Nashville, or any where else for that matter!!!
    But that's okay. I fully intend to thoroughly enjoy PDB Days, and take lots of pictures.

By the way: Just how cool will it be if one of the Forum Members wins the pontoon??? I'm not driving my tow vehicle, but if I win that just means another really good reason for a trip out west!
    Last edited by drive2boat; 09-09-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Count me in
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins
    8525 Sylvan
    200 H O E Tec

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

Man, I wish I could make it. Unfortunately, I'm already trying to squeeze too many things into this month. From a party we host at our house for friends and family on Labor Day weekend (check), to on-going college classes, to a niece getting married this coming weeknd, to a 4-day conference for work beginning also this weekend, I just couldn't get away.

You all have a good time and don't forget about us. We're with you in spirit, even if we can't be there in person.
    Rick
    2010 Premier SunSation LTD 225
    PTX performance package (triple log)
    220hp 4.3L mpi Merc
    Beautiful southwestern Ohio

We'll miss you Rick! Hopefully next year

Goofy, looking forward to seeing you again. I wasn't sure if you were going out on the cruise with your clients but I'm happily adding you in our boat

KB
    Katie Burke

+ Reply to Thread