Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Continue paper copy of magazine

Default Continue paper copy of magazine

Many magazines have unilaterally discontinued their PAPER copy requiring current subscribers to take their digital version or unsubscribe. I experienced this choice earlier this year by a reasonably priced travel magazine that catered to the budget traveler. BAD decision! I cancelled and recommended many friends who also subscribed to do the same. They did. Amazing the power of social media! My personal thanks for continuing your paper magazine and keeping it budget priced. I just today ordered this magazine for a friend who is a new pontoon owner. Thanks again!

Agreed, I just extended my subscription for 3 more years.
    2014 Lowe SS23O RFL
    Northern Indiana
    Near Lake Michigan

Profile taken on Lake Michigan

Is this an issue? No pun intended. As far as I can see it would be pretty much suicide to nix the hard copy. Their digital copy has problems from this end of the internet. It seems to have died last summer. Made somewhat of a sputtering resurrection and disappeared again. After a several month hiatus I received an email that my digital copy had arrived. Well, almost. The rather neat "uber-flip" feature still did not function. Now I had asked a question on this forum about the digital copy. The post responses wandered off into a discussion about Bugs Bunny and I never did get a a digital copy answer. C'est la vie. Called Yvonne in the circulation department. She tried to help but has never responded to an email nor has anyone else from PDB. So, as far as I am concerned, the digital issue is pretty much a kaput benefit I didn't ask for nor expect but thank you while it lasted. I do expect though to keep receiving the printed copy albeit on whatever schedule.

Fair winds and following seas, Friz

Concerning my issue with the digital issue I should say I am a little disappointed that PDB did not respond to postings here or return phone calls but I won't. I may have been identified as a high maintenance subscriber and thought best to just leave alone. Quien sabe? At any rate I have solved the digital issue "uber flip" no worky issue. Apparently was a browser setting which coincided with/was aggravated by my bouncing back and forth between browsers.

Fair winds and following seas, Friz
    Last edited by Friz; 01-08-2015 at 08:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread