Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home

The Pontoon and Deck boat forum will be closing soon. New posting has been disabled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: PDB Days 2015

Quote Originally Posted by drive2boat View Post
    That's a big order. I guess I'll have to try to make some new acquaintances. And I don't know if you remember how introverted I am. Wish me luck!
    You? Introverted? Nah!
    Carl & Suzi
    Denver,NC
    2007 Bennington 2275rl tri-toon
    150 Honda 15x15p Enertia
    Power assisted steering
    Beautiful Lake Norman
    Pleiku Vietnam 1971
    Agent Orange

Have fun and givem hell Danny
    2012 Excursion X23C
    90hp Yamaha 4 stroke
    Duel Axle Trailer ready to go anywhere
    All pulled with Z71 4WD Silveradro
    Maritime Mobile KD4LZL
    Lake Allatoona, NW Ga.
    FSO USCG Auxiliary
    Vietnam 66 / 67

Sorry for the delayed response, I finally have the details on the boat giveaway at PDB Days. It's a 2015 Sun Tracker Party Barge 22 DLX with a Mercury 115hp four-stroke on the back. With trailer, the complete package comes in around $30K. While of course this will be our top prize, there will be plenty of other great prizes given away that weekend. Nothing would make me happier than to have someone from this forum win the pontoon so good luck! Hopefully I'll be seeing a lot of you in Indiana soon.

Brady

TomS Guest

My wife and I are hoping to make the trip, but the exhibitor list still looks a bit light. Any last minute additions coming - Harris, Playcraft, Hampton, Sylvan, etc?

At this point, I'm changing my mindset on wishing for a large turnout for the sake of the event and it's longevity. I'm now turning selfish and hoping for a smaller turnout which will increase my chances for taking home a new boat!!!
    2012 Berkshire 230 CL LTD w/Tap Fins
    2012 90 HP Mercury on 6" Z-Lock Jack Plate and Stingray Stabilizer Fin
    2013 Load Rite Elite Trailer
    Located in beautiful Sunny, Central Virginia

We won't be able to attend again this year. That said, any chance someone in attendance could post up some pix to whet the appetite of those of us who would like to be there? Maybe some pictures of what we are missing out on might spur us to set aside the date earlier next year when we have to put in for vacation time. (Remember vacation requests, all you retirees?)

Seriously, this is a lot closer to us than last year's, and is closer than some Forum Blasts that we have attended, but we just weren't able to get it on our schedule.

As soon as next year's event is inked, would love to know the dates so we can try to make it. Might even give us an excuse to tow our boat.

Enjoy! (But not too much!)
    Rick
    2010 Premier SunSation LTD 225
    PTX performance package (triple log)
    220hp 4.3L mpi Merc
    Beautiful southwestern Ohio

So what's the scoop Danny? Was it worth the trip?
    Carl & Suzi
    Denver,NC
    2007 Bennington 2275rl tri-toon
    150 Honda 15x15p Enertia
    Power assisted steering
    Beautiful Lake Norman
    Pleiku Vietnam 1971
    Agent Orange

Just got in yesterday evening as I detoured through Salem, Va. and spent another night on the road to visit my mom in the rehab center there. In answer to your question of worth- of course I'm going to say it was. Truthfully, I had a very, very enjoyable weekend. The biggest thing missing was Maggie. The weather was about as good as you could have asked for. I spent all day Saturday test driving boats. That might be boring to some people who are not actually shopping for a boat, but to me it never seems to be. I'd say that I am truly afflicted with boatitis and as I have said numerous times before, I don't know of a cure,,,and I'm not really looking for one! Was the trip worth the amount of money that I spent? Absolutely not! But boating and traveling are things that you just have to love to justify their financial cost. In other words, it's difficult to place a dollar value on having fun. My philosophy, if I want to do and I can afford to do it, then just do it and don't look back. Will I do it next year? Almost assuredly and next year will include the one thing that was missing this year!!!

Ok, I recently finished reading pretty nearly every word in the latest edition of PDB Magazine. One caption under a picture in the recap of PDB Days caught my eye. It boasted that people had come from as much as 4 hours away to attend the event. I am interested to know which of the PDB staffers that penned that statement thinks that they can make Colonial Heights, Va. in 4 hours from Indiana. I don't want to ride with them, mind you, I just want to know the route they are planning to take.

+ Reply to Thread