Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boat Insurance

This is something our guy the insuranceman could help with... where are you.?
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins
    8525 Sylvan
    200 H O E Tec

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

All the comments and recommendations of the posts are pretty accurate so far. One other option offered by Progressive and a few other companies is a "Full Replacement Value Policy" for new boats. It is typically only available if you are the original owner of the boat or your boat is 3 years old or less. You will pay a little extra for it but if your boat is a total loss they will buy you a new model year boat to replace your damaged one.
    Another option is to put the boat as a rider on your homeowners insurance policy. This can be the most cost effective but with 2 draw backs. Coverage is more limited and if you do have a boat claim is gets attached as a claim to your home policy which if you have 2 claims in 3 years you could be cancelled. Then it really gets expensive.
    One typical rule of boat insurance still is "You get what you pay for"
    Final thought...Trust your agent and not a website!!

Boat US will not cover pontoon boats.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddyspag View Post
    Boat US will not cover pontoon boats.
    I beg to differ. I have Boat US.
    Carl & Suzi
    Denver,NC
    2007 Bennington 2275rl tri-toon
    150 Honda 15x15p Enertia
    Power assisted steering
    Beautiful Lake Norman
    Pleiku Vietnam 1971
    Agent Orange

Quote Originally Posted by cwag911 View Post
    I beg to differ. I have Boat US.
    Yep, so do I. and it was the best price I was given compared to others, most coverage.
    2012 Excursion X23C
    90hp Yamaha 4 stroke
    Duel Axle Trailer ready to go anywhere
    All pulled with Z71 4WD Silveradro
    Maritime Mobile KD4LZL
    Lake Allatoona, NW Ga.
    FSO USCG Auxiliary
    Vietnam 66 / 67

I just joined up with Boat US and even insured my old pontoon boat. Do not forget, boat insurance is not just to repair or replace your boat, it also covers what you may do to someone else or someone else's property. it is too inexpensive per month not to have any!

I forgot to mention Boat US also has some very. very inexpensive unlimited towing should you have an older boat like mine and just want to feel more confident on a big lake or even the ocean (which my boat will never see!)

im with state farm, and we got full coverage on my boat for full replacement and half million dollar liability on it and if anything is stolen from the boat there is a hundred dollar deductible and it cost us $341 for a full year. we also have our home and cars under with state farm so you get a multi policy discount.
    2013 LOWE SS210 with a 115 mercury four stroke and a double Bimini top
    Collinsville, ok love oolagah lake and Skiatook lake and reallllly love lake tenkiller all in OK

skysmith Guest

Shameless plug...I am a specialty insurance agent. I insure boats, aircraft, custom cars and motorcycles. All the toys. I do business in 44 states and I use a number of different companies. Some companies are better in some states for certain products and coverage. I try and tell people to look for a replacement or agreed value policy when possible on newer boats. In my personal situation this year I have progressive for my pontoon. Used to have ACE but rate was better this time with Progressive. I have never needed a social security number to place the coverage, but yes, most companies use credit history in their rates.

Thanks for the information skysmith.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Randy

2003 Bennington 207FS 2003 60 HP Mercury Bigfoot 4S
    Tooning on Caesars Creek Lake in Beautiful Southwestern OH
    If you're not having fun...You're not trying hard enough!

+ Reply to Thread