Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most used pontoon in 2015!

Default Most used pontoon in 2015!

OK fellow pontooners. We're nearing the end of another glorious boating season. Well, I'm assuming it was glorious for some of you and I realize that it is not nearing being over for you "Deep Southerners". So I'm wondering if maybe we should try to determine just who enjoyed their boat the most this season. Or maybe who used their boat the most. I'm not a contender at all with just 3 trips to the river, but I'm already practicing for the crown for next year.

So, since traffic on the forum is kind of light right now, I thought it might be interesting to hear how some of you fellow pontooners made good use of your floating recreational vehicle this summer.

The winner will be everyone who participated in the sport and at least thinks that they had a good time!!!

PS: You may have noticed that I said the boating season is nearing the end, it ain't over yet!!! Let's get out there and have some more fun
    2012 Berkshire 230 CL LTD w/Tap Fins
    2012 90 HP Mercury on 6" Z-Lock Jack Plate and Stingray Stabilizer Fin
    2013 Load Rite Elite Trailer
    Located in beautiful Sunny, Central Virginia

We took a chance and had ours out on Fathers Day for our annual get together (The water was way down for work on the marina, then torrential rains raised it nearly two feet in two days).
    Then didn't get it out again until we took it camping with us for nearly a week in July.

Other obligations have kept us landlocked ever since.

So we have had it out for only 5 days this summer, but we may still be able to do a few fall cruises.

Looks like We are winning...so far.
    Randy

2003 Bennington 207FS 2003 60 HP Mercury Bigfoot 4S
    Tooning on Caesars Creek Lake in Beautiful Southwestern OH
    If you're not having fun...You're not trying hard enough!

You are beating us. Ours in still in the barn from last year.

On the upside, I won't have to get it winterinzed this year!!!
    Rick
    2010 Premier SunSation LTD 225
    PTX performance package (triple log)
    220hp 4.3L mpi Merc
    Beautiful southwestern Ohio

You're right Randy, but somebody out there has got to have used their pride and joy more than 5 times.

Hey Rick, if you don't get it out at all this year, are you worried about the gas? I know someone with a center console with 100 gallons in the tank that he wants to run out just to make sure the ethanol gas does not do it's thing with his fuel system.

Come on folks, don't be bashful about telling us about using your pontoon. At least those of us who haven't been able to use our boats much this year can share in your joy!!!

So far , 5 gal of DX 100 oil.
    So how many hours would that come too?
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins
    8525 Sylvan
    200 H O E Tec

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

I think you could best answer that question, Malcolm. Only you know how much fuel and oil your boat burns per hour. I like the reference to "so far". A good positive outlook!!!

I'm having to miss a great day on the water tomorrow for a funeral, on Saturday for Maggie to go antiquing with some friends of hers (unless I decide to go alone-which is decidedly less enjoyable, but doable) and then again on Sunday to throw my daughter from Phoenix a little party. Wow, life sure gets in the way of living sometimes!!!

But , 2 SS props too.
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins
    8525 Sylvan
    200 H O E Tec

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

Sounds like you may have had the most expensive fun.

OK, with receiving the new first toon last September and coming close to our first year anniversary I tallied up last week. I installed the hour meter later in the year but kept the trip log on the GPS which should be fairly close to the total hours on the motor. We turn the GPS off when the engine is off too. With family outings to the Colorado River, San Diego Bay, Mission Bay and some local lakes we now have about 80 hours on the log give or take. So the investment for some quality time with family and friends turned out to be a good one. Real numbers will show when we return to the dealer for check up on belts, water pump, etc. Normal oil and lower unit gear oil changes were done at home in the driveway. My sons are very good at cleaning the boat after each saltwater use, boat gets cleaned with a power washer and the toons show so far no discoloration. All in all we are very happy with our choice and look forward to many more hours to come and I don't see the boating season to end here.
    Reiner
    Reiner & Family
    2015 Lowe SS 210 RFL
    XL-Performance Package
    150 HP Mercury 4-Stroke
    San Diego

Wow!!!!! You sound like a good dedicated boat user. I've only got 72 hours on my hour meter after 2 seasons. Super. Continue to enjoy!!!

+ Reply to Thread