Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Most used pontoon in 2015!

OK, my wife and I are sneaking up on you guys with our 4th outing of the year today!!! Problem is: she has to start back to school tomorrow. BUMMER. With a week of terrific looking weather in the forecast. The big concern that I am starting to have is not burning all of the gas in the tank that was put in last Oct. or Nov. Obviously using Stabil in a double dose for winter storage really works because the big Merc is still starting and running great. I want to get the tank close to empty, without running out, of course, before refilling. I'm guessing that a refill anywhere along the way at this point would help to negate the possible ill side effects of the ethanol infused gas. Any thoughts from my more knowledgeable forum cohorts?

Because of my mom's fall and, at this time, her deteriorating condition, I doubt there will be very many more opportunities for cruising the muddy James this season.
    2012 Berkshire 230 CL LTD w/Tap Fins
    2012 90 HP Mercury on 6" Z-Lock Jack Plate and Stingray Stabilizer Fin
    2013 Load Rite Elite Trailer
    Located in beautiful Sunny, Central Virginia

With the weather being so nice in New England this Summer, I got to use my boat a lot. I'm an hour and change from my dock in NH.
    So we head up 2 or 3 weekends a month. In fact, heading up again today! 80 degrees for the next few days!
    Hanging at the sandbar, with friends and family. Winnisquam Marine has a webcam, you can see how busy it gets out there.
    Enjoy ,
    Mike

Same here Mike. It's been a fantastic summer up here in NH. We've been out every day of every weekend since Mother's Day. We took vacation the last week of July and it was beautiful every day. That hasn't happened in many years.

Hate to see it come to an end. :-(

2014 Premier Gemini 201
    Tow Vehicle: 2017 F-150
    Home Port: Newfound Lake, NH

Beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing!!!

Coldbrew , great pic. Last year the wife and I went to visit my daughter and SIL there,
    and the pontoon stopped running!
    Major league bummer.

Wow - after analyzing our 2015 boating times I realize we left our ride in the dock way too many weekends. Sometimes you get so busy, even in retirement, with the minutia of cutting the grass, work on the house, we put in a retaining wall this year, cutting the grass, fixing a door, cleaning up the garage, oil change on the cars, fixing a water pipe leak, cutting the grass; did I mention too much work and not enough play? HEY PDB members, why did we get a boat in the first place? To enjoy. Thank goodness there are some of you who understand this formula. Oh well, we will try to maximize the remaining nice weather week ends at the Lake of the Ozarks and get out on the water... Humm, before we haul out and winterize at the end of the month. Best wishes to all and as I say to all our skiers; "keep your tips up".
    Captain Tony
    2005 Summit by Triton - 220T Platinum 3Log
    2005 115HP Mercury Optimax - 228 Marine Master Trailer
    St. Louis & Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

You nailed the problem Captain Tony, even in retirement, too many of us forget that all that work-that ugly 4 letter word- will wait until we get back from boating. My grass has never cut itself even once. It faithfully waits for my attention. And a really good boating should never be wasted on mundane chores. Now a water leak, that's another category of activity. One bright thought, though, next summer hasn't been touched yet. But then there is the reality, especially for those of us who have attained that aging milestone, that next summer is not promised (of course that is relevant to everyone ), and it certainly is not promised that we will be healthy enough to enjoy it. I'm sure by now that the direction of my thoughts on this matter, if you have been able to follow my rambling, is that a wasted day of enjoyment can never be replaced. Like my dad used to tell me that you can only spend your money once-of course that was before credit cards-, we only get to live once also. Enjoy it to the best of our God given ability!!!

Hey everyone, don't think that I always practice what I preach, but you gotta admit it sounds good, well don't it?

Default Fun on the Wi River

Didn't think we had our toon out that much this summer, we did a check of hours and statute miles on the GPS and logged 186 miles and 67 hours of run time.The fact that the river system is in our back yard helps.The bad thing is when you take a little cruse on Wed after work Thurs. Feels like Sat. Or Sun.
    2014 Premire 241 Gemini triple w/115 Yamaha

+ Reply to Thread