Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just read the shootout issue of PDB

Default Just read the shootout issue of PDB

Wow how about that Harris Grand Mariner 250 SL. I'm new to pontoon boats and no idea what some of the new ones were like. Pretty exciting to go 60+ mph on a 'toon. Sure $177k is a bit pricey but what a thrill.

For us an older 16' turtle poking around the lake is enough. But still I can't help but drool over some of these next generation of 'toons.

It's been a bit quiet around here and I just want to hear what you all think.

Also congrats drive2boat on having a chance to take part in the barrel races.
    Jerry
    1996 16' Spectrum Cruise Deluxe
    40 hp Mercury 2 Stroke
    Northern California

Okay Jerry, swimnbike, here's how it works. If you think reading about the latest pontoon and deck boat models is a drool worthy event, if at all possible, save some time, and dollars, and attend a PDB Days event. You may need a drool bucket but it is a very eye-opening and satisfying experience if you are afflicted with the "Boater's Disease". Here's wishing for warm weather soon!!!
    2012 Berkshire 230 CL LTD w/Tap Fins
    2012 90 HP Mercury on 6" Z-Lock Jack Plate and Stingray Stabilizer Fin
    2013 Load Rite Elite Trailer
    Located in beautiful Sunny, Central Virginia

I definitely have "boaters disease" but the events are held quite a ways from home here in California. We do like to travel though and there's no reason we can't manage to include a stop at PDB Days in a trip. I would love to see the boats and meet some of the PDB staff in person.
    Jerry
    1996 16' Spectrum Cruise Deluxe
    40 hp Mercury 2 Stroke
    Northern California

Yeah, meeting the PDB staff in person is quite an experience. Except for that "Brady" guy. Oh, I forgot he might read this. Oh well. But really, if you like boats, especially pontoons, PDB Days is a worthwhile trip. I've been to the last two and I live about 100 miles from the Atlantic in Va. I think the first trip was about 1200-1300 miles and last year was only about 600-650. Just a little jaunt. I'm hoping to go for three in a row this year with my wife in tow as she will be retiring soon and we can get in trouble together.
    2012 Berkshire 230 CL LTD w/Tap Fins
    2012 90 HP Mercury on 6" Z-Lock Jack Plate and Stingray Stabilizer Fin
    2013 Load Rite Elite Trailer
    Located in beautiful Sunny, Central Virginia

+ Reply to Thread