Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Made it to the Lake.... FINALLY...

Default Made it to the Lake.... FINALLY...

We finally got to go boating this year. Too bad it had to start in July. But better late than never I quess. The weather started off wet, but after a couple of days got better (and alot hotter). Just a few pics I took. Nothing spectacular... I'm sure Tony will recognize a couple of these shots....

Kind of wet to begin with...

But it got better and we were able to get out. My BIL and Nephew.

My crazy SIL...

Rick

St. Louis/Lake of the Ozarks

Million dollar house going up next door..

Nephew on the jet ski..

Umm, dinner cooking. Burgers and Chicken.

Myself and SIL in the inevitable selfie

Rick

Very hot day out. Had to stop for refreshments at Dog Days..

Going to dinner at the Fish And Company. Great food and service..

Me and the Nephew at dinner.

Rick

At the Niangua Falls restaurant dock. Best to avoid this place like the plague...

My next boat I hope..

Rick

Oh, if anyone has a Mercury 4 stroke built after 2006 and the fuel pump gives up the ghost, get a hold of me and I will walk you through the cheapest (and best) way to get it going again. I had heard all the stories for years on failed Mercury pumps and was prepared for when (not if) it gave out. I told my Wife before we went to the lake that I had a feeling this trip would be it and it was. No major emergency and about an hour to fix once we got back to the dock. There is a trick to get you back home if it gives out on the water. Just need a primer bulb, a couple of clamps and a willing soul to pump the bulb occasionally. The fix is a new updated float switch which will set you back about $100.00 rather than buying an entire new pump for a grand. Yes, a grand..
    Rick

Looks like a fun time Rick.
    Carl & Suzi
    Denver,NC
    2007 Bennington 2275rl tri-toon
    150 Honda 15x15p Enertia
    Power assisted steering
    Beautiful Lake Norman
    Pleiku Vietnam 1971
    Agent Orange

Wow !! You are late to the party but even a bad day on the lake is better than a good day at work. Yes I recognize the weather at LOZ this year. Only 2 conditions; either WET or HOT. I'm at the house right now getting ready to uncover the Summit. Going to take ourselves and our next door neighbor out for a cruise up the Big Niangua. Gonna' be hot today. 08/04/16. See you on the lake some day Rick.
    Captain Tony
    2005 Summit by Triton - 220T Platinum 3Log
    2005 115HP Mercury Optimax - 228 Marine Master Trailer
    St. Louis & Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

Looks like a nice trip all the way around Rick. If I was closer I'd talk to you about taking that worn out Bentley off your hands when you get ready for the new one.

Hope the new neighbors work out for you, we have a local businessman building a nice place and moving in next door after 30 years of having a vacant lot over there. I was kind of PO'ed that they were coming in, but after meeting him I am glad he bought it, (if someone had to) he is a very nice man and I think he will be a good neighbor.

It's funny how you learn to stay away from some businesses on the lake, isn't it? I had to walk up the gas dock the other morning at the Raystown Resort and drag the girl away from her phone to get her to pump me some gas and show me which slip to use so we could eat breakfast. I also had to give them $14 dollars for 2 pints of 2 stroke oil. No wonder you don't go to some places unless you have to. I will say breakfast was good and it was reasonably priced.
    2006 Forester 19 Fish (new deck and carpet, Pontoonstuff interior, 2019)
    1996 Mercury 50 ELPT4S
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper (complete rebuild from hull up, 2014)
    1985 Johnson 70 J70ELCO

Raystown Country, PA

My first clue at Niangua Falls restaurant was there were no other boats there. Never a good sign on Lake of the Ozarks in the middle of summer. But we decided to try it anyway. Bad, Bad and worse. Service was bad and the food was worse. Flies everywhere (and we ate inside due to the heat). I did get the manager over and he refunded all of our bill (over $110.00) and apologized. He said that it was his first day and the waitresses 3rd day and to try them again in a few weeks. Have to think real hard on that one. I know the good places on the lake, but it's fun to try something different once in a while. And they have been open for at least 3 years, so I assumed they must be doing something right. Anytime you want to make an offer on the Bentley, just shoot away. I wouldn't say it quite worn out yet though. The new neighbors are very nice. Glad to see they are improving our property values by building such as nice home. Has an indoor pool, elevator, entertainment room (theater) and much more. The guy is in his 60's and is living his retirement the right way..
    Rick

Hi Tony. Will be down again the week of the 15th. Do you have any suggestions for places to eat other than the well known places? Been to alot of them, but always looking for new ones..
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread