Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GPS mounts on full dashes

Default GPS mounts on full dashes

Hello,
    I have just purchased a new leftover 2015 Monterey 238SS. There is no room on the dash to mount a GPS and have been looking at RAM mounts. GPS will be a 7" Garmin 7607 xsv . Has anyone done this, mounted a new GPS on a full dash ? What product do you recommend ? Are you happy with it ? Any suggestions ?
    I would love pics of existing similar GPS's mounted on sillier dash configurations.
    Attaching a picture of dash.
    Thanks so much,
    Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Great dash shot 2&.jpg   00w0w_2fjlGGUdSdg	.jpg  

I would put a RAM universal electronics mount with the 1" ball and 3 inch round base right there in that square to the right of the right hand switch bank. The universal mount has a 6 inch high arm, or you can buy a shorty version with a shorter (3"?) arm.

It would allow you to mount the unit right there, but have it stick straight up to allow for level viewing or to spin it around to see from the bow.

I will post a picture of mine, it is the only mount I've used for Sonar/GPS for about ten years.

And welcome aboard sir, I don't think I've seen you on before.
    2006 Forester 19 Fish
    1990 Mercury 50 ELPTO
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper
    1985 70 HP Johnson

Raystown Country, PA

Hey Moser,
    Thanks.
    Exactly what I am looking for. Would love to see pic(s). Please post when you can.
    Scott

Sorry, I have a lot going on and the boat is covered right now. I can't find a picture of the setup anywhere, but I'll get you one as soon as I get a chance.

Her's a link to the mount I have used on at least 4 different boats. It's the RAM 111-U

https://www.wholesalemarine.com/ram-...1045BFB96086F4

I'm not endorsing the vendor in the link. I'd probably look on Amazon first.

Here is the mini which I have used also, if your unit is not real big.

https://www.amazon.com/Mount-RAM-B-1...ctronics+mount

There is a link in the top link to go to a selection of RAM mounts where ther is probably one for your particular unit. I have alwys used the universals with good zip ties to mount my electronics.

I have a seven inch Lowrance Elite 7 and a 5 inch H'Bird 798 on them right now.

They also make it very easy to dismount and stow the units at end of day.

Now I also see a Tallon version which is product specific with the base wired to power your unit, not so cheap as the UNI.
    2006 Forester 19 Fish
    1990 Mercury 50 ELPTO
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper
    1985 70 HP Johnson

Raystown Country, PA

I agree, just purchased Humminbird Helix 5 for 2017 Harris Cruiser 200. Console did not have much space so I used the RAM mount and can move it into view w/o blocking or impeding any existing instruments or gauges.
    2017 Harris Cruiser 200
    Tri-toon
    115hp Merc

+ Reply to Thread