Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PDB Days 2017

Default PDB Days 2017

What information is available for PDB days this year. Starting to make vacation plans now. Please provide dates and location.

Thanks!
    Dan & Denise, Preston CT

2009 22 1/2' Hand-Crafted Tri-Hull Wooden Pontoon
    "All Spruced Up"

1985 90 HP Evinrude 2-Stroke
    2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ Crew Cab
    2005 Boat Wheels Aluminum Trailer

Well Dan, seems they don't monitor this form like they used too. Those were the good old days.....
    2012 Excursion X23C
    90hp Yamaha 4 stroke
    Duel Axle Trailer ready to go anywhere
    All pulled with Z71 4WD Silveradro
    Maritime Mobile KD4LZL
    Lake Allatoona, NW Ga.
    FSO USCG Auxiliary
    Vietnam 66 / 67

Yes. It was a lot of fun!
    Carl & Suzi
    Denver,NC
    2007 Bennington 2275rl tri-toon
    150 Honda 15x15p Enertia
    Power assisted steering
    Beautiful Lake Norman
    Pleiku Vietnam 1971
    Agent Orange

Shame, but like was said, the forum is left to the members (not really a bad thing). But I think the official organization for get-togethers is a thing of the past. I remember someone from the staff was going to play a big part in the forums. But one post and that was it.
    Rick

St. Louis/Lake of the Ozarks

First and last post from Trevor... ???????

PDBTrevor

Hello!
    Hey, everybody! I thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Trevor Mason, and I'm the newest addition to the PDB staff. I'll be mostly writing articles for the magazine, but I'll also be helping to maintain the website itself and will be a moderator for the forum as well, so if you have any questions or issues, send them my way. I'm also pretty new to the whole deck and pontoon boat scene, so don't be afraid to give me any pointers about anything. Anyway, that's it for now. Hopefully I'll hear from a lot of you soon.

Then there was this guy.....

Ahoy!
    Hey everyone! My name is Austa and I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I help Trevor with PDB and if you ever need help with anything, particularly related to the magazine, please feel free to get in touch with Trevor or myself! (My email is austa@harrispublishing.com)

Thanks to everyone for posting such excellent advice and funny stories, the sense of community here makes this a special place for boat lovers to meet! Here's to a happy 2016!!
    2012 Excursion X23C
    90hp Yamaha 4 stroke
    Duel Axle Trailer ready to go anywhere
    All pulled with Z71 4WD Silveradro
    Maritime Mobile KD4LZL
    Lake Allatoona, NW Ga.
    FSO USCG Auxiliary
    Vietnam 66 / 67

Wait...wasn't Austa a girl?

Brady has pretty much told us we are on our own, everyone is busy with the houseboat magazine and we are the redheaded step children of Harris Publishing now.

Brady is still very responsive to emails, he usually replies to mine in minutes. I will send him one and ask him to look in and let you all know whats up with PDB Days.

Seems I remember something about skipping last year and moving it to a summer event this year.
    2006 Forester 19 Fish (new deck and carpet, Pontoonstuff interior, 2019)
    1996 Mercury 50 ELPT4S
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper (complete rebuild from hull up, 2014)
    1985 Johnson 70 J70ELCO

Raystown Country, PA

Redheaded step children? Ouch, LOL. Yeah the criticism is fair. For the record both Trevor and Austa (girl) are still on the PDB Staff, but we all could clearly do a better job of posting more often. We just feel our voice can be heard (a lot) in the magazine in our columns and articles and we didn't want to dominate the conversation on the forum. We setup the PDB forum so boaters with similar interests could have a place to interact, ask questions and build friendships. Without the dedication and strong commitment from our moderators, none of this would be possible so again I publicly thank our mods for their efforts. As a staff we'll do better, thanks as always for your support.

As for PDB Days, at this point we have more questions than answers. We invested a lot in the past to create a public event to bring everyone together, but we still don't think we've found the right venue or the right time of year to be the most successful. We just feel the next one we do (whenever that might be) has to really go over well or we risk losing the support of manufacturers, dealers as well as forum members and the general public. That's a lot of pressure and that's why we've been hesitant to attempt this again.

Maybe we should look at doing another small gathering just as a PDB Forum like we've done in the past like at Lanier, Kentucky Lake, Raystown, Norman, etc. I kind of miss those less complicated gatherings where it was more fun and just hanging out instead of trying to make it into a huge public event. Just thinking out loud here, but maybe we should see what kind of interest the members here would have in doing another Forum Party and try organizing that.

Again, I appreciate your support of the Forum and your patience with us as a staff,

Brady

Maybe a forum/magazine get together at some other established event, then we can just get together, not have to worry about who's making what happen next. Who has a good poker run around them?
    2006 Forester 19 Fish (new deck and carpet, Pontoonstuff interior, 2019)
    1996 Mercury 50 ELPT4S
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper (complete rebuild from hull up, 2014)
    1985 Johnson 70 J70ELCO

Raystown Country, PA

Well Guys:

I know you think I'm partial to the "Lake of the Ozarks" but that's because I am. Brady, you know the general area and it offers so much even in the way of central location and name recognition.

There are lots of large cove areas and great marinas that would be ideal for the PDB Days on the water. I'm also certain that Rick and I together or separately could do some leg work on scouting out locations and costs.

If you think LOTO is a possible location choice then PM or e-mail us the general requirement specifications as to: # of days, # of slips, manufacturer support/participation, hotel rooms needed, ground support requirements etc. etc.

What do you think ?? Hey Rick can we do this ??
    Captain Tony
    2005 Summit by Triton - 220T Platinum 3Log
    2005 115HP Mercury Optimax - 228 Marine Master Trailer
    St. Louis & Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

I'm a fan of LOTO, great lake and always a good time. As far as scouting the next PDB Days it's a little more complicated than just doing a little groundwork, but I appreciate the offer. At this point I'm more in favor of Moser's idea to find an established Poker Run and just do our own thing. There are a lot of hoops to jump through for PDB Days and the final decision on when and where is not me so I'd rather focus our attention on a PDB Forum gathering again like we've done in the past.

Brady

+ Reply to Thread