Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Sad Sight

Drive2Boat Guest

Unhappy A Sad Sight

This indeed is a sad sight. The sun is shining. It's Saturday afternoon. And the boat is covered in the back, or side yard. I can't make the turn to get it to the back yard. I'm not sure how I should describe the situation; too little yard or too much boat. But I have a pretty good idea which is more accurate.
    Of course, the flooded marina is not too happy, either.
    Attached Thumbnails Sad Sights 001.jpg   Sad Sights 003.jpg   Sad Sights 004.jpg  

Fredericksburg, VA. (Halfway between Washington DC and Richmond)

Danny, the sun is shining and it's beautiful out but it's too d___ cold to go on the boat!!!!!!........We were in Virginia Beach this weekend and the high was only 49 degrees...............

I took my toon out of the marina last Friday and put it in under roof storage for the winter..........lowered the bimini top, backed it in it's spot, put 3 containers of Damp Dry and mothballs through out the floor, unhooked the trailer, covered and secured the ball coupler and safety chains w/a 5 gallon bucket and............. drove away..........................................
    Daril and Diane Godinez
    2004 Bennington 2275 RL I/O Tritoon
    4.3L V6 MPI 220 HP
    Stainless Mirage prop 17P

Fredericksburg, Virginia near beautiful
    Lake Anna..........

If you're Scared........say you're Scared.........

Drive2Boat Guest

Hello Daril;
    That temp is exactly why mine was still in the yard, too. My wife is determined that we get in a few more days on the boat by the end of the year. I'll try to oblige her if we can get some days in the mid to upper 60's. They will be short trips, though, I can guarantee you that.

I tried to put the boat away for the year, on Saturday...I just couldn't convince myself to do it yet.
    There has to be a few more days to go boating...
    Randy

2003 Bennington 207FS 2003 60 HP Mercury Bigfoot 4S
    Tooning on Caesars Creek Lake in Beautiful Southwestern OH
    If you're not having fun...You're not trying hard enough!

I was hoping for one more trip this year also. Yesterday I changed the lower unit lube and fogged the engine. It was painful, but had to be done.

While I was waiting for the oil to drain there was a large truck maneuvering in front of my house. It turned out to be a lineman on cleanup duty. His partners were going around in a pickup around the local area making sure all of the lines were OK. The crew was from Nova Scotia. The guy driving the cherry picker was a sail boater (44').

I made us each a cup of coffee while we waited for the pickup to return. I could not have been more thankful for having his crew in the area, even though we never lost power. I believe this crew was heading to the NY/NJ area next.

Talking to Grant sure made putting the boat away, a more memorable experience!!!
    Dan & Denise, Preston CT

2009 22 1/2' Hand-Crafted Tri-Hull Wooden Pontoon
    "All Spruced Up"

1985 90 HP Evinrude 2-Stroke
    2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ Crew Cab
    2005 Boat Wheels Aluminum Trailer

Drive2Boat Guest

I tell you my heart just goes out to the many folks up north who lost power, their home or everything. I just can't imagine having to cope with the low temperatures, winds etc. and not having a warm house to retreat to at the end of the day. Or in a lot of cases, no house! Man, that's a tough situation. I think it's called, count your blessings.
    Wow, I don't know how I got off on that tangent. But while I'm wandering and I've got your attention- If you haven't already, which I did at about 6:05, please get to your respective polling place and vote. Voter turnout at my polling place was about triple what is normal at the early hour which is when I have always voted.
    A lady at Walmart told me that a person at her voting place was trying to vote for both candidates-- on the same ballad!!! Sad to say, but, obviously, everyone is just not smart enough to vote. I've never heard of that one before. The voting officials had to step in and tell them that's not how it works.

My wife and I voted before she went to work and I went to the gym...............took an hour at our high school. It's NEVER taken that long before! Drove by there after the gym and the line was still out the door. Can't believe they make people stand outside in 30 degree temps when this a is a GIANT school and they can easily put the line inside.................
    Daril and Diane Godinez
    4.3L V6 MPI 220 HP

Lake Anna..........

Voted last week, no line. On a different note, the kids in NJ are dealing with FEMA and the ins co. They were towing our DIL's car away today. Many people have it worse though.
    Carl & Suzi
    Denver,NC
    2007 Bennington 2275rl tri-toon
    150 Honda 15x15p Enertia
    Power assisted steering
    Beautiful Lake Norman
    Pleiku Vietnam 1971
    Agent Orange

Quote Originally Posted by cwag911 View Post
    Voted last week, no line. On a different note, the kids in NJ are dealing with FEMA and the ins co. They were towing our DIL's car away today. Many people have it worse though.
    Speaking of FEMA.............a guy I play racquetball with regularly works for FEMA and he is being deployed to the NJ/NY coast to assist for a period of no less than 45 days......Got the phone call yesterday.....pack for 45 days you are leaving in 24 hours..................whew!!!!!!!!!
    Daril and Diane Godinez
    4.3L V6 MPI 220 HP

Lake Anna..........

Good ole Appomattox Small Boat Harbor. I've only launched there once, in a buddy's bass boat. Why pack up the toon so soon? Were gonna see a couple of 70 degree days mon and tues! If I was not working I'd be fishing for sure! If it were not for my lower unit needing new pump seals I would be out every time the temps were over 50. Can't risk a cold night though until I get that water pump straight.
    Toonless
    Hopewell, Va - James River/Appomattox River

+ Reply to Thread