Carl & Suzi
    Denver,NC
    2007 Bennington 2275rl tri-toon
    150 Honda 15x15p Enertia
    Power assisted steering
    Beautiful Lake Norman
    Pleiku Vietnam 1971
    Agent Orange

3rd from the left in the Poker Run shirt. My Wife is next to me in the Poker Run shirt. We are on my toon at Captain Ron's docks..
    Rick

St. Louis/Lake of the Ozarks

It's nice to put faces with the names.
    Carl & Suzi
    Denver,NC
    2007 Bennington 2275rl tri-toon
    150 Honda 15x15p Enertia
    Power assisted steering
    Beautiful Lake Norman
    Pleiku Vietnam 1971
    Agent Orange

Yes it is...
    Rick

St. Louis/Lake of the Ozarks

Hey Carl & Larry. Boy we missed you at the Poker Run.
    It was fun and getting to know Rick, Dan, Malcolm & Dave and spouses. It was nice.
    Our wives seemed to enjoy us making fun boating talk; and I was going to say goofy talk but Malcolm might take exception to that.
    I'm sure Brady has more pictures and here's hoping we will see a future write up in the magazine.
    Captain Tony
    2005 Summit by Triton - 220T Platinum 3Log
    2005 115HP Mercury Optimax - 228 Marine Master Trailer
    St. Louis & Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

That is a fine looking crew, thanks for representing the forum. I need one of those poker run T shirts, are they on the PDB sight anywhere or were they one offs?
    1992 Tracker Party barge 24 (new deck, carpet and interior, 2019)
    1996 Mercury 115 ELPTO
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper
    1985 Johnson 70 J70ELCO

Raystown Country, PA

Drop a PM or e-mail to Brady. I'd think they would have some left.
    PDB & crew spent the next four days at Capt. Ron's to do the boat testing with 31 different boats and many, many manufacturers.

Anyway, we missed you & Carl - and a whole bunch of others.

Good times !!
    Captain Tony
    2005 Summit by Triton - 220T Platinum 3Log
    2005 115HP Mercury Optimax - 228 Marine Master Trailer
    St. Louis & Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

A couple of days after the Poker Run / Forum gathering Dave Morin (Snackman17) emailed me his thoughts. It was really good and I asked him to post it here so everyone could read it, but he was hesitant. I followed up with him today and he said he was having a difficult time posting it and asked if I would just share his email for him. So here is Dave's thoughts on the event:

Better late than never-my first post- if it makes it
    Debbie and I had a great time at LOTO.
    Thanks to Brady for making us feel welcome when we arrived. Terri and company made us feel like family. Great job! How about that last hour!
    I drove from Texas to see some new boats and meet some forum members. Ended up enjoying poker run and still got to see some really nice boats.
    For those who missed the dinner I would like to offer my take on the event. I actually feel like a bit of a poser and here is why.
    I ran the poker run in my pickup. Two hours to complete the run. I was clean and rested for dinner.
    Hang on it’s not over yet. I found a Starbucks at Osage beach at about four o’clock. Wow that’s some strong coffee. A large of course Venti? Whatever.
    All forum members but myself had just spent 12 hours boating on a warm day. Not me, AMPED UP! I suppose it kept the conversation lively.
    Brady was a gracious host. Informative and willing to answer my many questions.
    Thank you for making boating better for new and old boaters.
    I was trying to feel these guys out so I started telling stories from the 1960’s.
    I mentioned my first boat with a 9.9 hp Mercury. 10 seconds without parts they both turned it into a 15 hp. No parts? Wow!
    Anyway after reading reactions to my many stories here is my take.
    Rick grew up near a boat I think. He got stuff I threw out there only a kid would discover. Wise and experienced.
    Dan built his boat in his basement. 13 years initially. His dedication is second only to Noah and the ark. He may be a software engineer but I see an artistic mechanic.
    Dan and Rick made me feel like we grew up together. No doubt these guys are the real thing. The years of experience they share with the forum are priceless.
    Saw some salt and light at the table.lets start with the salt. We were talking about how much skill it takes to dock your pontoon.
    Joking around, I lobbed a big one out there and commented that I could probably out park most of them at the dock!!
    Truth is I am just now starting to get good at it.
    The reaction at the table! Yes I hit a big nerve! A true Kodak moment! Should have taped it. Truth is maneuvering a pontoon boat can be nerve wracking.
    Not to mention THE WIND. The bargelike feel the 30 ft Playcraft John showed me reminded me of that feeling when I first drove mine. Mine is 25 ft.
    I consider myself a seasoned boater. You are responsible for a lot of square footage sometimes in tight areas. Of course people are watching.
    Hey Brady- as well as poker how about a drivers skill challenge? Maybe a cross between boat ninja and the comedy show wipeout. Foam bumpers and buttons and levers. Just for fun.
    About some light, that would be Malcolm. When the Son has set you free you are free indeed. Lookout your faith is showing. Thank you.
    Thanks to the ladies for coming. Debbie enjoyed whatever you ladies talk about? Probably about how boat crazy these guys are.
    Thanks again to Dan for the trailer ideas. Centering on the trailer is tough enough then the wind blows the tail off the back.
    Big hassle! I will employ your methods and modify to fit my boat.i will take some pics.
    Open invite to anyone at the table that would like to tour Possum Kingdom lake. You have friends in Texas.
    We had a great time.

Thanks for emailing me I probably would not have sent this otherwise. Not a writer.

Hope you find this as funny as I do.
    Marketing ideas when I get a chance. We bought a new camper on the way home. Tweaking it now. Will wake up at lake more often now. Something about this trip and the ladies conversation made my wife change from Hilton life to camper life.
    My prayers have been answered.

Dave, it was nice spending time with you as well. The dinner was very enjoyable.
    Dan & Denise, Preston CT

2009 22 1/2' Hand-Crafted Tri-Hull Wooden Pontoon
    "All Spruced Up"

1985 90 HP Evinrude 2-Stroke
    2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ Crew Cab
    2005 Boat Wheels Aluminum Trailer

+ Reply to Thread