Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Next Year's Goodies

Once I get my motor situation sorted out I plan on re-doing my anchor light and rear lights that I use for fishing at night. Need to figure out some better seating for when the family comes out for a cruise with me too.
    Toonless
    Hopewell, Va - James River/Appomattox River

This year I'm thinking of adding 6" railing for the front-top of the cabin since apparently you can get a ticket for sitting up there (which is where I sit when we go up the Illinois due to flying carp). Definitely going to add a 2nd amp, fader & speakers for either the rear, or in the cabin facing aft so the aft deck has tuneage. Also, I'm going to have the aluminum buffed so the old matches the new siding I added last year (the original cabin siding had carp dents). {I've been holding off from posting pics since the new aluminum doesn't match the original. Yet.}

Also, after 3 years of bitching to HumminBird about how the unit I bought new (& sent back twice) simply will not register speed (3 new paddle-wheel sensors, 2 extension cables) they sent me an upgraded model with a GPS speed sensor, gratis. This year I'll be able to tell how slow I'm going, ground speed, not water speed like the original unit. My whining has paid off. I hope.
    1994 Tracker Party Cruiser
    115 hp Merc, 2 stroke

Drive2Boat Guest

Concerning speed: It's not how fast you go, it just that you go!! (Words of wisdom by Danny, 2014-and many others).

Hope next year brings great things for all and more time on the water having fun with loved ones.
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins
    8525 Sylvan
    200 H O E Tec

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

+ Reply to Thread