Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: PDB Poker Run Days - 2018

Default PDB Poker Run Days - 2018

Hey Forum Members:
    and those of you who check out our site but haven't had the incentive to sign up and begin posting.

Here is a little peek into what you could be missing in 2018. Brady Kay, editor of Pontoon & Deck Boat Magazine has committed to holding two, (count them 2) Poker Runs in CY 2018.

A repeat at Lake of the Ozarks, (LOTO) in central Missouri. This is my favorite boating grounds.

At 1150 miles of shore line, longer than the coast of California. For over 92 miles long in a straight direction and 61,000 acres impounding 617 billion gallons of fresh water.
    The "Best Recreational Lake in the Nation" as voted by USA Today & 10 Best.

Here's a couple videos to familiarize you with the lake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHyd8mWgCrU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MyXtD_sodc

https://www.funlake.com/Dining?categ...ype=Recreation

The second is at beautiful Lake Norman in North Carolina.

A state diverse with history, architecture and friendly people. Lake Norman has so much to offer tourists and boating enthusiasts with 520 miles of shoreline, 34 picturesque miles long and plenty of dining & marine locations to hold your interest.

Take a peek at several of the videos in the attached link.

https://www.visitlakenorman.org/about/media/videos/

Both locations are a boaters paradise and we encourage as many forum members and soon to be PDB members to check these out.

More details from Brady Kay about these locations and dates will be given out next year.

See you there.
    Captain Tony
    2005 Summit by Triton - 220T Platinum 3Log
    2005 115HP Mercury Optimax - 228 Marine Master Trailer
    St. Louis & Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

Wow, thanks Captain Tony for the detailed post. I'm excited to see all the positive responses and I love that it's still December and we're already looking ahead to these Poker Runs. I can not confirm dates at this time,, but we did like the timing of holding it the weekend after Labor Day this year so we're strongly looking to be back at the Lake of the Ozarks on September 7, 2018. Once finalized, I'll be sure to let everyone know. As for Lake Norman, that's going to take a little more planning since it's been a few years since we've held any type of an event on that lake but again as soon as I get a date I'll be sure to pass along the info.

Thank you again for the great support!

Brady

Im in, heck might try too do both
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins
    8525 Sylvan
    200 H O E Tec

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

We're in the process of locking down some dates and Saturday, September 8 is still looking good for the Lake of the Ozarks Poker Run. This is the weekend after Labor Day and this is the same weekend we held the first one last fall.

On Lake Norman, what's your thoughts on the first weekend after Memorial Day (Saturday, June 2)? I'm guessing the weather would be great that time of year.

Thoughts?

Brady

Sounds like a plan. Weekday would be less boat traffic.
    Carl & Suzi
    Denver,NC
    2007 Bennington 2275rl tri-toon
    150 Honda 15x15p Enertia
    Power assisted steering
    Beautiful Lake Norman
    Pleiku Vietnam 1971
    Agent Orange

We should be able to make early June.
    Dan & Denise, Preston CT

2009 22 1/2' Hand-Crafted Tri-Hull Wooden Pontoon
    "All Spruced Up"

1985 90 HP Evinrude 2-Stroke
    2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ Crew Cab
    2005 Boat Wheels Aluminum Trailer

The week following would certainly be better for us!
    Dan & Denise, Preston CT

2009 22 1/2' Hand-Crafted Tri-Hull Wooden Pontoon
    "All Spruced Up"

1985 90 HP Evinrude 2-Stroke
    2008 Chevy Silverado LTZ Crew Cab
    2005 Boat Wheels Aluminum Trailer

People, What ever happen to the "older group " of guys that had lots of things to say on the forum? It would be fun to see them at 1 of the get-togethers to meet the newer people on the forum.
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins
    8525 Sylvan
    200 H O E Tec

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

Quick update, the Saturday, September 8 Lake of the Ozarks Poker Run is locked in. We're taking over (combining with) the LOTO Shootout Small Boat Poker Run so it should be even bigger and better this year. It's the weekend after Labor Day and this is the same weekend we held the first one last fall. Hope to see a lot of the forum members out there again this year, should be a good time. We're in the process of getting another pontoon to be our top prize, that seems to get a lot of people out!

As for the North Carolina Poker Run possibility, it hasn't been ruled out, but I'm guessing it won't happen this year. We want to have a second Poker Run and we know Lake Norman would be perfect, but we also want to make sure we're ready and that proposed June date is coming quickly. So instead of rushing it or attempting to put something together, it looks like we're going to hold off another year on this one and just focus on making the one in September in Missouri a lot of fun.

Brady

Well..........................That's not what I wanted to hear.
    Carl & Suzi
    Denver,NC
    2007 Bennington 2275rl tri-toon
    150 Honda 15x15p Enertia
    Power assisted steering
    Beautiful Lake Norman
    Pleiku Vietnam 1971
    Agent Orange

+ Reply to Thread