Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishing table design

Default Fishing table design

I want to build a fishing table to hold the items needed while fishing like lures, bait, tools such as pliers hook extractor etc, drink holder, etc. I'm hoping some folks here can post a photo of what they use to give me some ideas of what to design into mine. Any pictures or design ideas will be apperciated.

I have looked on-line for commercially available tables but, so far, have not found anything like what I'm looking for. Any ideas for a commercial source would be appreciated also.
    Carguy Bill

2016 Sweetwater Bow Fish - 70 HP Yamaha
    Hydraulic Pontoon Legs
    Home: Coshocton, OH
    Summer boating: Cold Stream Pond, Enfield ME

I never had anything like that on a pontoon, but it sounds like a good idea, Are you thinking hinged and attached to the rail, so it swings down when not in use, or full blown part of the furniture, with tackle storage, everything in one place?

On the old Tracker I did have dry storage in the corners in the bow, and the tops of the boxes became catch alls, and work areas. They were probably under 2 square feet, I think you'd need a little more.

I like the idea of a work area with a space below to store a bunch of Plano boxes.

Is it portable? Maybe drops in a seat base, so you can take it off the boat? Too much coffee?
    2006 Forester 19 Fish (new deck and carpet, Pontoonstuff interior, 2019)
    1996 Mercury 50 ELPT4S
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper (complete rebuild from hull up, 2014)
    1985 Johnson 70 J70ELCO

Raystown Country, PA

Our boat has a pair of fishing seats forward of the front railing. I am thinking of a table which will be mounted on a removable table stand and the stand will be mounted as close to the center of the boat as the trolling motor will allow between the forward fishing seats. Im thinking more of a table to hold the items needed while fishing as apposed to a work table.

Here's a picture of our boat to give you an idea of the arrangement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Liberty II 001.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1467
    Carguy Bill

2016 Sweetwater Bow Fish - 70 HP Yamaha
    Hydraulic Pontoon Legs
    Home: Coshocton, OH
    Summer boating: Cold Stream Pond, Enfield ME

+ Reply to Thread