Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: marine carpet on Amazon

Question marine carpet on Amazon

Any ever buy marine carpet for their pontoon boat on Amazon?
    I am scanning around and see what is available and wondering what others have gotten and what they think of it?
    I am on Amazon.ca by I can cross reference from .com site. links would be nice.

I have a small section on the back that needs to be fixed, seem like where I put my foot to pull the fuel tank out is warn out, not sure if I am going to cut and replace a whole back section or just the small part and find a way to fasten it down, which either way maybe tricky..... any ideas???

anyone use this stuff.
    https://www.dri-dek.com/pages/marine
    Last edited by Huggyd; 05-02-2019 at 09:30 AM. Reason: added link

The dri dek stuff might hide your worn spots for now, and keep you from having to replace the carpet for a while. You can get a similar product at Sam's or auto parts stores, probably cheaper, "marine" anything is twice the price, often for the same stuff.

I put a section of vinyl carpet runner over my worn spot and used the boat for 2 years that way.

I bought 32 oz. premium carpet from Amazon for the Forester facelift, I am quite happy with it as far as installation and short term appearance, however, it is only a year old ths season. I'll see if I can find the link.

32 oz. Pontoon Boat Carpet - 8.5' Wide x Various Lengths (Choose Your Color!) (Jasmine, 8.5' x 20') https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013ROP8IE..._StYYCb8PWFXTD
    2006 Forester 19 Fish (new deck and carpet, Pontoonstuff interior, 2019)
    1996 Mercury 50 ELPT4S
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper (complete rebuild from hull up, 2014)
    1985 Johnson 70 J70ELCO

Raystown Country, PA

Humn !!

Normally I would not use a material in a potential damp/wet are that would trap or hold water.

I know, I know; that your carpet would also hold water when damp and that too is not good.

So, if you feel you can get away with cutting out an area and replacing it with something else, have you looked into something like this: ?

http://www.seadek.com/c-5-sheet-material.aspx - this is a marine grade vinyl that is impervious to water and can be glued down.

I'm considering replacing the entire stern area by my boarding ladder, fuel storage, rear mini deck area; with this material & eliminating the carpet that holds water until sun drying.
    Captain Tony
    2005 Summit by Triton - 220T Platinum 3Log
    2005 115HP Mercury Optimax - 228 Marine Master Trailer
    St. Louis & Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

Someone please explain something to me.
    Pontoon boat floor for the longest time, all I have even seen is the astro turf stuff. Which, and I could be wrong here, was not a water-proof material that did let water through, thus the bottom of the marine plywood would dry, right? air flow top and bottom, correct???
    Now there seems to be all types, marine carpet, vinyl flooring, dri-dek, some of these let air through them and others are glued down and water-proof. What is the better way to go?? I would think letting air pass is the better idea since the bottom is guaranteed to be wet most of the time. Wrong way of thinking???

+ Reply to Thread