Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prayers for CWAG911 & Suzi

Default Prayers for CWAG911 & Suzi

I had been missing the postings of Carl Wagner, (cwag911) a super moderator on the PDB Forum and member of other forums; I.E. Bennington, pontoonforums.com and perhaps others I'm not aware of.

I've PM'd him a few times asking if he was feeling well since he had bypass surgery last year. I got no response and started tracking down some information.

That's when I found out that cwag911 had passed on April 16th, 2019. I'm still not certain of all the details and will attempt to contact Suzi, his spouse for more information.

Suffice it to say that Carl, a valued member since October 2006 who had contributed 3468 posts to this forum; will be sorely missed and should be acknowledged as a calm and reasoned voice on the forum.

As soon as I get more information I'll post to the forum.

Thanks Carl...
    Last edited by Captain Tony; 05-08-2019 at 11:13 AM. Reason: update
    Captain Tony
    2005 Summit by Triton - 220T Platinum 3Log
    2005 115HP Mercury Optimax - 228 Marine Master Trailer
    St. Louis & Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

This is sad news indeed. I've known Carl for years and first met him at one of our PDB Forum gatherings in Kentucky many years ago. Great guy, always willing to help. We did a short feature in July 2017 as part of our Salute The Troops roundup: https://www.pdbmagazine.com/2018/05/...spotlight-carl

My thoughts and prayers are with Suzi and their family right now, what a loss,

Brady

Here is a link I found for the Obituary and celebration/tribute site for CWAG911.

https://www.tributecremationsociety....elebrationWall

Post a thought for Carl if you are so inclined.
    Captain Tony
    2005 Summit by Triton - 220T Platinum 3Log
    2005 115HP Mercury Optimax - 228 Marine Master Trailer
    St. Louis & Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

I met him at the Raystown get together and spent the entire Proud Mary cruise talking to him about cars and boats and things that go Vroom. He was a Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Audi, repair technician, in his work day life, so he knew quite a bit about Vroom. He was here when I got here and weathered all the storms with us, he was always good for solid steady advice and a level head in the turmoil. He will be missed. RIP Carl.
    2006 Forester 19 Fish
    1990 Mercury 50 ELPTO
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper
    1985 70 HP Johnson

Raystown Country, PA

Yes good guy. Prays your way.
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins
    8525 Sylvan
    200 H O E Tec

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

What a surprise and great loss. Prayers are with him and his Family. Very sad news. You will be missed...RIP Carl....
    Rick

2007 Bentley 200 Cruise
    2007 90 Merc. 4 stroke
    St. Louis/Lake of the Ozarks

My condolences go out to Suzi & Carl's kith & kin. I did not know the man but for the posts he made on the Forum, but I'm sure he was a decent human being. I'd offer prayers, but I'm an agnostic.

While I'm not religious, I do believe in an afterlife. This comes from my first hand experience with a "ghost" & a book by Dr. Raymond Moody (Life After Life) on his study of near death experiences (actually, people dying in hospitals & being revived). I highly recommend that everyone read the book; it's made me less fearful of death. As such, I have no doubt that Carl (& everyone else who's passed) are still around & in a much better place.
    1994 Tracker Party Cruiser
    115 hp Merc, 2 stroke

+ Reply to Thread