Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 24 ft bentley 240 cruise now with TAP FIN SYSTEM

Default 24 ft bentley 240 cruise now with TAP FIN SYSTEM

JUST INSTALLED TAP FIN SYSTEM, wow what a difference in the ride. i should have videoed my wifes expression going throug { on top of )h 2.5 white caps, without any bounce. great product. thanks a million GOOFY
    Attached Thumbnails 20190630_093800.jpg   20191017_162935.jpg  

Congrats on the success!

Sure would be nice if someone could tell me the secret password to expand/enlarge pics on this site. If I try to do it with two fingers it loses definition or reverts to original size.

Hi Foghorn:
    In trying to answer your comment about picture sizing. It really all depends on the host site that the posting person used to
    bring the photo from their albums on phone, computer, tablet, pad etc. to upload them onto the PDB Forum site.

When you see a posted pic, like above, you can click on it and our site software will display it on a background but in native
    size/format. That is, what ever was chosen by the poster, I.E. thumbnail, 680x340, 1024x680 etc. to place it on the forum.

The forum is not a photo site but accommodates an upload from many. See forum #2 on the main page.

Having said that, I and other Admins have suggested that we look into such a feature.

We are not there yet. Sites like Photobucket, dropbox, cloud based sites etc. have dedicated
    photo handling/manipulating software that some offer for free, some charge for
    and others allow some uploads but with branded watermarks on the photo.

In the recent past sites like photobucket disabled all previously posted pics unless a
    user paid a fee. I think they since have relaxed that rule but still brand the photo
    with a watermark.

Just expanding a photo with two fingers on a phone or tablet doesn't make the
    resolution any better than it was the day it was posted; just temporally larger.

Hope that answers your inquiry. Stay tuned for any further developments.
    Captain Tony
    2005 Summit by Triton - 220T Platinum 3Log
    2005 115HP Mercury Optimax - 228 Marine Master Trailer
    St. Louis & Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

Welcome aboard Tim, I'm glad we finally got you in. Do you have any before references to site for the boat without the tap fins? It would be nice to see just what results the fins gave you from before and after.

It is really difficult to find a hosting sight to put pictures on that were taken taken on the phone and then posted from the PC, at least for me it is. I made peace with Photobucket and I try to make it work for me.
    1992 Tracker Party barge 24 (new deck, carpet and interior, 2019)
    1996 Mercury 115 ELPTO
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper
    1985 Johnson 70 J70ELCO

Raystown Country, PA

Just to clarify what the difference is where the fin is on the log
    as to where the strake is... and that's under the water.
    Attached Thumbnails 2018 up graded TS T.A.P. Fins 2020 Bentley 115 E Tec 31.5 MPH.jpg   close up of T.A.P. fin on outside performing as it should. Dry ride..jpg  
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins
    8525 Sylvan
    200 H O E Tec

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

Welcome Tim! I'd like to see those pics of the Bentley, but it looks like you may have posted the thumbnail version. Perhaps you could host them at another site and post the larger link to them. Either way, glad to hear you like the Tap Fins and their performance upgrade..

This site is very simple to use. In the dropdown box, chose 640 X 480 as your image size. ..

https://www.pdbmagazine.com/pontoonf...sting-pictures
    Rick

St. Louis/Lake of the Ozarks

thumbs up

Here's the side view
    See the full length performance.
    Attached Thumbnails Bentley picture for brochure.jpg  
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins
    8525 Sylvan
    200 H O E Tec

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

+ Reply to Thread