Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not much activity lately - how about some postings fellow member !!

Question Not much activity lately - how about some postings fellow member !!

Wow, the cooler weather has been creeping in and the PDB Forum postings are drying up !!

I know everyone is busy with the Corona-Virus but that tells me more members are at home.

So how about posting some subjects, questions, advice or general B*S on the forum today.

All the Admins & Moderators check each day for needed answers but no one is asking questions.

I know, slow time of the year so then tell us about your recent winterization projects.

How is it going - mine are now done before the Electric company begins their annual draw down
    of the usable waters in my cove.
    Captain Tony
    2005 Summit by Triton - 220T Platinum 3Log
    2005 115HP Mercury Optimax - 228 Marine Master Trailer
    St. Louis & Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

My thoughts too
    Larry are you OK.

Miss ya Buddy.
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins
    8525 Sylvan
    200 H O E Tec

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

I'm just Peachey, bought a 1991 Tracker 24 Party barge, with an enclosure for an Ohio River trip next summer. If I could post pics, I'd show it to you.
    2006 Forester 19 Fish (new deck and carpet, Pontoonstuff interior, 2019)
    1996 Mercury 50 ELPT4S
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper (complete rebuild from hull up, 2014)
    1985 Johnson 70 J70ELCO

Raystown Country, PA

Buddy
    Peachey now a days sounds good to me.!
    Stay that way.( be safe)
    goofy.
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins
    8525 Sylvan
    200 H O E Tec

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

Hey Malcom:
    A big winter hello to you.
    I have a copy of an article that ran on the last page of Boating Magazine's Boat Buyers Guide in 2019.
    It is titled " Who You Callin' GOOFY". A funny read and some in site into how you got your nickname.
    How you doing on the problem of "vortation" ?
    Stay healthy & stay safe.
    Captain Tony

I loaned my TriToon to a guy who is a really trustworthy guy who knows the lake... but while returning after dark to the ramp... with passengers asleep on the sofas... and while On Plane about 25 mph....he decided to turn the interior “mood lights” off to improve his night-vision... but accidentally flipped the MASTER switch off!

Everything on the boat went dark ..including the GPS Moving-Map ... And while he was trying to find the Master Switch again in the dark.... in his distraction they ran AGROUND!

Now this is on Lake Travis...a lake with rocky bottom and rock cliffs... so I can only remark how Extremely Lucky they were to run aground on one of the ONLY Grassy Mud-Flats on the entire Lake! They “slid” to a soft-stop.... and as they were about to run out of water my buddy realized what was about to happen and hit the KILL SWITCH on the engine and hit UP on the TRIM!

Absolutely NO DAMAGE..in fact, one of the passengers remained asleep throughout the grounding!

Now their problem was how to drag it 30 yards back off the mud to the water. They found they couldn’t budge it and called me to admit their problem, knowing I have a friend in the Dock Repair and Towing business... So I woke up my friend with the Tow-boat (it was 11:30 PM) and he got dressed, hitched up his Tow-Boat and we drove to the ramp and had almost launched the TowBoat ...when my cell phone lit-up again and they announced they were underway again. They’d imagined they couldn’t slide it back from whence it came... (DOH...the Lower Unit Skeg stuck pointing backwards in the mud) .... so they pulled the bow sideways with all six of them knee-deep in mud ... until the boat finally had pivoted 90-degrees-left and followed them into the water again.

(Thank goodness they all took a bath in the water before climbing back aboard). LOL

Seriously... no one hurt.... the boat undamaged...and I’ve taken it out since and all works as it should.

Be safe out there everyone.... the Lakes are coming DOWN and there are shallow places you’ve forgotten about!
    2015 SouthBay 522FCR w/150 Yamaha

You have that right.
    The winter drawdown is starting at the Lake of the Ozarks.
    Not much yet but soon.

Glad all worked out OK on the grounding - but tell me;
    Did you have to pay your buddy for his attempted tow service ??
    Captain Tony

+ Reply to Thread