Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adding forward Pontoon Bimini

Default Adding forward Pontoon Bimini

I am in the process of either replacing bimini that came with my Sylvan 8522 F&C or trying to adapt forward one that i could purchase on the market place for a decent price. Yes providing the dimensions work its from a 21 Bennington , do you have to zip bimini together? Seems like you would have to because of rain pouring in and i am sure some other things that i am missing.
    Any thoughts on this or should I bit the bullet.
    Jeff
    https://postimg.cc/MMPKFbKK
    Last edited by hoejef; 01-24-2021 at 02:58 AM.

You will need to zip them together if rain proofing is important. I would get ones that are matched with each other.
    Rick

St. Louis/Lake of the Ozarks

Kind of what i have been thinking

Have your local canvas guy do it . they know what works the best with your style as to rod holder, seating and gates
    Custom it.... do it the way you use it.
    Have fun.
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

Hey hoejef:

Send us some pictures - but yes, I would think zipping them together is the best.
    When running at 20+ MPH the wind will get under the rear canvas and cause many issues if
    they are not zipped as one.

If you go to a canvas guy be sure you have the forward bimini frame worked out and installed.
    Captain Tony
    2005 Summit by Triton - 220T Platinum 3Log
    2005 115HP Mercury Optimax - 228 Marine Master Trailer
    St. Louis & Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

So fast forward I found the same bimini and frame work that is on my boat and decided i would reverse it to marry it to the existing one. I found it on the market place but guy sold it and never took ad down,
    so it off to canvas shop. There is just to many working parts when trying to make it work when buying online or from private party for me anyhow. Its another story if starting from scratch.

Glad to hear a happy out come.
    Enjoy your tops...!!!
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

Hello
    Just a update to thread
    Went to some local companies and they wanted to use round stock and i preferred 1.25 sq stock and all very busy . I went with online company and what a mess that turned out to be as it turned out they did not fabricate in house which was my mistake for not asking do you build there, make sure if your ordering online to make sure of that. They knew they blew it and returned my money with no problem. At this point I hooked up with Andrew and Amy from Northstar and they fabricate in house (no sourcing parts out) and he gets it, I was able to have a conversation and he knew exactly what I am looking for. 6-8 weeks out I will update once I do install.

On another note I pulled the trigger on a auto pilot had one on my other vessel and truly miss not having one. Just for those who will say why would you put a Auto pilot on a pontoon I take trips down to south and up to north of me 20 mile + it nice to sit at the helm and enjoy the ride

Just a update, recieved bimini on Thurs. and could not be happier.
    Install took me about 6-7hrs with running new wire for nav light.
    I highly recommend this company
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/PLRUcezWFyBc21dz9

Very nice looking top. Is that the original rear frame?
    1992 Tracker Party barge 24 (new deck, carpet and interior, 2019)
    1996 Mercury 115 ELPTO
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper
    1985 Johnson 70 J70ELCO

Raystown Country, PA

+ Reply to Thread