Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Adding forward Pontoon Bimini

Thanks, no I scrubbed trying to use old frame and just went all new

Looks very nice! Care to tell us how many grandchildren it cost?
    2015 SouthBay 522FCR w/150 Yamaha

Thanks for posting the source for a quality company and front bimini. We ordered a new Tracker pontoon in December and ordered the front bimini at the same time. The boat arrived in May, no front bimini. Dowco is the source and they still can't tell us when it will be made. We paid up front and are in a quandry since we wanted it to match and zip to the rear bimini. No luck contacting Tracker for help either. I will contact your company and see what they can do. We live in AZ and this is ruining our boating for the summer. Thanks again for the info.

Hey Redskies
    That sucks and truly feel your pain, dealing with Andrew (owner) at NorthStar was truly a pleasure.
    I knew once I got off the phone after our first conversation that he knew what he was doing. He does take a little time to get back with you but he is slammed now so don't get discouraged I would start your conversation via email he usually answers them in the morning.
    Lead time was 6-8 weeks and it went into the 10th week but that was ok because he nailed it.
    The biggest thing is to make sure wherever you purchase it from is that they do it in house.
    That was my biggest mistake not realizing that the company I first ordered it from sourced out all there parts, but they knew they messed up and didn't hassle me for returning it.

As far as pricing unit cost was 2,200.00 and I did 1,100.00 in upgrades meaning Accon quick connects (326.00) as my seats are higher then playpen also went with Sunbrella and lifetime thread (85.00). When pricing it out locally it was about the same and they couldn't do it with 1.25" stock as they didn't have the machine to bend square stock and didn't include Accons. I did the install and all pricing is laid out on his site.
    Hoejef

This was the one I sent back, let me know if link works still trying to figure out if this is the best way to post pics on PBD site, it seems the easiest

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...cogTdzznGFVfTx
    Last edited by hoejef; 07-11-2021 at 05:34 AM. Reason: added Pic

Redskies, I would get a 8x8 pop up, or an umbrella for now, and threaten Dowco with a call to the BBB. Dowco is a well established company and does not want BBB complaints, I would do the same with the dealer and Tracker too. If Dowco has a Facebook page a comment there might get someone moving. The squeaky wheel really does get the oil.

Call the salesman, remind him how attentive to your needs he was before the sale, tell him you need some of that attention to help you now. Remind him that you buy new boats and will be buying again someday.

It looks lie you can go to the Dowco website, register and open a CS support ticket, the CS rep gets measured on how well they get those ticket answered. We did the same thing at my former employer, and the tickets get tracked, use to review the responders. I would do that today, if you haven't already.

Not taking anything from this family business, but if I had half a Dowco cover on the boat I would want the other half. I have had a full enclosure on two Tracker pontoons and a Starcraft Superfisherman, the Dowco fit and quality is outstanding. The Dowco enclosure on my 30 year old Party Barge is the only original equipment still on the boat, and it is in amazing shape.[
    1992 Tracker Party barge 24 (new deck, carpet and interior, 2019)
    1996 Mercury 115 ELPTO
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper
    1985 Johnson 70 J70ELCO

Raystown Country, PA

Well I took the advice and called Tracker AND Dowco and spoke to them about the long delays. The service dept at my dealer (Bass Pro Las Vegas, NV) has been calling me every week to report that Dowco "is way behind and no delivery date yet". They called this past week and gave me the same message. Two hours later they called back and said my front bimini was in. We scheduled the install for a few days later. I have to say they did a nice job and in addition fixed a couple of issues with the boat. So all is well that ends well after 7 months plus of waiting, the top is on. Would I buy a Tracker boat over again? I don't think so. Build quality is not worth the $$$ and there is a real lack of customer service. Fingers crossed the boat will last until I'm done with boating, getting up there in age anyway. Sad that US-made products quality has sunk this low. So buyers out there beware.

Quote Originally Posted by Redskies View Post
    Well I took the advice and called Tracker AND Dowco and spoke to them about the long delays. The service dept at my dealer (Bass Pro Las Vegas, NV) has been calling me every week to report that Dowco "is way behind and no delivery date yet". They called this past week and gave me the same message. Two hours later they called back and said my front bimini was in. We scheduled the install for a few days later. I have to say they did a nice job and in addition fixed a couple of issues with the boat. So all is well that ends well after 7 months plus of waiting, the top is on. Would I buy a Tracker boat over again? I don't think so. Build quality is not worth the $$$ and there is a real lack of customer service. Fingers crossed the boat will last until I'm done with boating, getting up there in age anyway. Sad that US-made products quality has sunk this low. So buyers out there beware.
    I haven’t found the low quality of Tracker condemns all “US-made products” to be of low quality. Harris, Bennington, Berkshire/SouthBay, Grumman, Lowe… to name just a few… are all excellent quality.
    2015 SouthBay 522FCR w/150 Yamaha

+ Reply to Thread