Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NMMA Certification Explained Video

Default NMMA Certification Explained Video

At the “Home” page of this website I visited one of the topics, a video explaining the Self-Certification practiced by NMMA makers which purports to “exceed” the Coast Guards’ inspection requirements. https://vimeo.com/280395561
    It is a blatant self-promotion of NMMA and I’m not critical of NMMA at all.... but that video has a “presenter” who faces the camera and, in a rapid-fire speaking technique.... He repeatedly pronounces the acronym “NMMA” so rapidly and so often... it finally Hit Me that he was actually speaking the individual letters N, M, M, and A.... so very-rapidly..... and NOT repeatedly referring to the manufacturers association as an “Enema!”

https://vimeo.com/280395561
    2015 SouthBay 522FCR w/150 Yamaha

Just curious, what brought this up ?
    The point.?
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

What brought this up...?? As I stated, I visited the HOME page of this website....and that is where the video was offered for viewing. I visited the Home page because I was disappointed in how SLOW this Discussion Forum is. No “new” posts in several weeks is disappointing. There’s another “pontoon” boat forum on the web... but unless you enjoy being insulted by far-right-wing nut-cases with foul-language and hateful behavior... you won’t want to hang out there (which is apparently their intent.) I sent an email to the sponsor of that site... a pontoon-boat upholstery and supply provider.... and it took less than two weeks before the insults resumed. I will NEVER buy anything from them and that’s their loss.

THIS forum is a very much friendlier place, but disappointing that no more activity occurs here. I was hoping to stir-up some conversation.... but was hoping it’d be a bit “meatier” than your response which appears to question why anyone should be exploring or posting here. Hopefully that is not what you intended.

The point? The only point was the potential humor in the manner of speech in that video.

Humor I know all about,.... The other forum.... they are 'want to be's'
    What took you so long to see this.?
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

Here we have good mods who do their best to keep everyone headed in a good direction. I drop in at the other sight about once a year, nothing has changed since they all left over here 10 years ago, we wish them well.

Foghorn, you post about anything you want to, we encourage it and appreciate the effort to bump up the count.
    1992 Tracker Party barge 24 (new deck, carpet and interior, 2019)
    1996 Mercury 115 ELPTO
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper
    1985 Johnson 70 J70ELCO

Raystown Country, PA

Quote Originally Posted by funtooner View Post
    Humor I know all about,.... The other forum.... they are 'want to be's'
    What took you so long to see this.?
    It didn’t take me long... it was immediately apparent shortly after I first visited there a year or so ago.
    I recently re-visited...Nope! Nothing’s changed.... it’s still a hateful place. You’d think they’d realize that good people are never rude to visitors in your home. Good-bye to them forever... and Truly Hoping this site flourishes. (And why I’m posting here...in an effort to encourage friendships.)

Foghorn

Respect, truth and love go hand in hand around here.
    you may not like what's said but we can say it .
    So T.A.P. on to a happy dance.
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins

+ Reply to Thread