Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home

The Pontoon and Deck boat forum will be closing soon. New posting has been disabled.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2006 Party Barge 24’ Restore

Default 2006 Party Barge 24’ Restore

My wife and I got tired of trying to keep or green carpet clean on our boat. Having a white golden retriever that loves the water was not making life easy. So we decided to replace the carpet with vinyl. After much research we decided on teak woven vinyl flooring from pontoonstuff.com. We decided to replace the decking as well since we imagined the deck would be very difficult to smooth out after the carpet was removed.
    Some pics of the process:

More to follow!

I recarpeted and put in new furniture in 2019, I wish I had looked more closely at the woven vinyl then.

Your's looks great, congrats on a good job.
    1992 Tracker Party barge 24 (new deck, carpet and interior, 2019)
    1996 Mercury 115 ELPTO
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper
    1985 Johnson 70 J70ELCO

Raystown Country, PA

VERY nice. Wanna do mine? LOL

I don’t look forward to pulling off all the furniture, helm, etc but some day in the not to distant future I will go to a woven mat type also.
    2015 SouthBay 522FCR w/150 Yamaha

I backed mine under a big tree, and hung the helm from a limb, 3 inches off the deck, and worked around it, I did not unhook a wire or cable. I cut one six inch slit in the carpet to get it around the cables and wires and it would be hard to find the slit, let alone see it. If you get a good helper under the boat, the furniture and rails come off in about an hour or two, it is not as hard as we think.
    1996 Mercury 115 ELPTO
    1985 Johnson 70 J70ELCO

Raystown Country, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Moser View Post
    I backed mine under a big tree, and hung the helm from a limb, 3 inches off the deck, and worked around it, I did not unhook a wire or cable. I cut one six inch slit in the carpet to get it around the cables and wires and it would be hard to find the slit, let alone see it. If you get a good helper under the boat, the furniture and rails come off in about an hour or two, it is not as hard as we think.
    Thanks for the encouragement... Makes sense to do this with a plan and good help.

Kudos, that's a nice job. Looks like you did it right. For what they want for new boats, I'm surprised more people aren't doing this.
    1994 Tracker Party Cruiser
    115 hp Merc, 2 stroke

Many, many people are doing it. The pontoonstuff.com website is out of stock on a lot of bigger pieces of furniture and consoles, with backorder dates on some stuff out into 2022.
    1996 Mercury 115 ELPTO
    1985 Johnson 70 J70ELCO

Raystown Country, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Moser View Post
    Many, many people are doing it. The pontoonstuff.com website is out of stock on a lot of bigger pieces of furniture and consoles, with backorder dates on some stuff out into 2022.
    Because pontoonstuff.com apparently endorses / supports profane and politically motivated attack-dog moderators at their forums I will never buy a single thing from them ...until they clean up their act over there.

+ Reply to Thread