Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home

The Pontoon and Deck boat forum will be closing soon. New posting has been disabled.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1994 Party Cruiser $30,000

Default 1994 Party Cruiser $30,000

In 1994 this was the top of the line pontoon boat. Later model Party Cruisers have the steering console inside the cabin which greatly reduces visibility, along with taking up cabin space. This is the worst of both worlds. In my opinion, the earlier model Party Cruisers have a much better layout. Being heavy & long, the boat rides smooth. This boat has never seen salt water.

I'm a retired aircraft mechanic & have rebuilt/restored/replaced about 75% this boat since I've owned it. The body panels were removed & repainted (the original paint/striping scheme was kept, new decal). The front & rear decks were taken down to bare wood, carpeting replaced & all vinyl was re-upholstered. Every year I have improved this boat in some way.

This is not the mechanic's car: this is the mechanic's toy. Everything works & the boat needs nothing. I have spent a lot of time & money on this boat. The price is $30,000 & will not take a dime less. There is no other Party Cruiser, with these features, in this condition, for sale anywhere. Do your research & compare. This boat must be seen to be fully appreciated.

Besides the photos, upon request I can email you a copy of the original boat survey I had done in 2012. The replacement value then was $96k. This was before a lot of work, replacements, & additions were made.

I take it out of the water once a year, power wash the logs, inspect everything under the deck, service the lower unit, change the water pump (every 2yrs), replace the spark plugs, dress the prop, etc. Getting this beast out of the water often requires 4 people (due to the river current at my ramp. In still water w/ no wind, it takes 3).

4 Kw Onan generator
    AC/ heater unit new in 2018, works great, less than 15 hours use, none on heater element
    4.6 cf AC/DC refrigerator
    Cabin exterior recovered in .025 aircraft (2024 T3) aluminum
    Ladder to cabin roof, additional fwd. rails
    Couch w/ hideaway bed
    Front deck seats open for bedding for two
    Rear deck cover has 6 yr old tarp w/ isinglass window
    Rear deck cushions can sleep 2
    3 year old tarp for front deck
    Head has portable toilet & powered shower (40 gal. tank & wastewater tank)
    Powered sink, (20gal. tank & 20 gal. wastewater tank)
    40 gal. main fuel tank
    Dual batteries for ship (replaced 7-21) & separate battery for generator, dual battery charger
    2 burner stove (A/C or Sterno)
    HumminBird depth finder w/maps & GPS locator
    Trim switch & gauge on console, additional trim switch on engine
    Excellent stereo system, prolly louder than you'll want
    2 all weather Klipsh Speakers
    Hard wired CO detector
    2 12v DC power outlets (on console & in cabin)
    Dedicated spot for propane grill, but don't have
    115 Mercury engine has new CDI stator & switch box, oil injector pump replaced in 2018
    Lower unit replaced w/n.o.s. Mercury unit 2016
    SS prop & a spare Aluminum prop
    2 anchors: 1 large & a smaller one (to throw for keggling. I've had to do that once)
    2 oars (they actually can move the boat)
    Aluminum (.032 2024 T-3 aircraft grade) underskinning front & rear, removable for access
    Roof membrane replaced in 2016
    ProMariner FS30 Galvanic Isolator (to prevent galvanic/electrolytic action)
    New magnesium anodes
    Added drain plugs in rear bottom of pontoons
    Fluorescent interior lighting
    Table & has fittings for use on front deck & in cabin
    2 Aux 100 watt direct beam docking lights
    Swim ladder, attaches to deck by side doors
    Includes newer triple axle trailer w/surge brake & working lights

Bad points:
    Pontoons could be better, have dings & rough spots, but don't leak
    Boat is slow, 13 mph W.O.T.
    Fuel mileage is 1-1/2 mpg
    Taking this thing out of the water is a pain.
    Moving on trailer is like driving a semi: the boat on trailer is 13' tall, 9' wide & 40'+ long.
    A few (4) cigarette burns in the carpeting I haven't patched yet. Have matching carpeting to fix

This boat must be seen to appreciate. There is no other mid-90's (best layout) Party Cruiser in as good of condition. Will email more lots photos & boat survey upon request as I can't include them here. I'm not sure how to post photos on this site. Contact me if interested.
    Attached Thumbnails cabin seating.jpg   sink & stove.jpg   boat on trailer.jpg   helm.jpg  
    1994 Tracker Party Cruiser
    115 hp Merc, 2 stroke

You could have skipped-over telling the weak points of this (obviously) fine pontoon, which would have made a “nicer” advertisement… But your honesty and forthright truthfulness shows through… and this should help interested parties realize a great deal when they see one! (especially in these times of hard-to-find good deals!)

Nice equipment list too! That trailer adds a Lot to the package!

I figure it's best to list the boat's weak points because a buyer will see them when they view the boat. I figured $30k was a fair price, even though NADA had it valued around $25k. NADA also presumes the boat is all original & does not consider several of the upgrades I've added.
    1994 Tracker Party Cruiser
    115 hp Merc, 2 stroke

NADA Bluebook is only the roughest-of-guides, IMO. A “blue book of values” originated with financiers and broker-dealers who privately shared recent sale/trades data in a “blue book”. In other words, it was a report of vehicle condition and sales/trade prices based on recent actual activity. It was a “closed” reporting system and one had to be a banker, broker, or dealer to buy a copy of that book

The problem is: How many private sales are reported to a closed system? And how many ‘94 Tracker Party Cruisers were sold recently and reported to that publisher? (And as you’ve discovered, How many Party Cruisers are equipped like yours?..and with that motor? …with that number of hours?…and in that condition?)

Right…ZIP.

So the “NADA” book-value of your boat is a WAG …with no recent basis-of-sales…. designed to sell blue books (or to gather pvt data via the internet on site participants. That WAG-Info has become an actual sales-product itself and no longer serves it’s once-legitimate purpose.)

Only you can determine what your boat is worth because you (and a buyer) will decide what it trades for .
    I hope you do well. It looks like a good deal to me.

+ Reply to Thread