Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sticker shock....

This has it all , and then some.
    Attached Thumbnails 100_5037..jpg   100_5035..jpg   100_5036..jpg   100_5034..jpg  
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

Padre Guest

Only 600 a month! LOL

For the new guys , A look at the past new $$$
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

Umm, can you give us more detail on your post Malcolm?? I understand that new toons can be outrageous for sure, as shown in your post above..
    Rick

St. Louis/Lake of the Ozarks

Yea, look at the price.... outrageous.
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins

Default Daydreams

Like many of you, I enjoy looking and dreaming but I always return to the fact that the best boat on the water is the one you are captaining!

Can't wait for summer!
    2014 South Bay 522RS
    115 Mercury 4 Stroke

I have enjoyed reading this post. I had no idea that Pontoon Boats could be so expensive. Even if I could afford one of these big bucks boats I'm sure I could not afford the divorce that would follow the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by carguy View Post
    I have enjoyed reading this post. I had no idea that Pontoon Boats could be so expensive. Even if I could afford one of these big bucks boats I'm sure I could not afford the divorce that would follow the purchase.
    Rick

St. Louis/Lake of the Ozarks

To carguy and several others who added to this post. The sticker shock is why so many of us buy used and still have that same boat with added improvements. We are into our 3rd pontoon after several V-Hulls, Waverunners and Center Console boats. We looked for new for awhile but ended up selling our last twin 'toon for more than I paid for it nine years earlier. That's when I knew the popularity of the breed was getting out of hand. So we started looking used and it took a year without a 'toon until we found just the right mix. See my posting on the "Show off your Pontoon" category under Our Summit. After the year long search in 2013, we found a lightly used 2005 Summit by Triton Boats. It was almost 200 miles from us but was a second owner boat with very low hours. It has it all, triple toons, 6 lifting strakes, under deck splash shield, sunpad & changing room, we added the porta-potti, has a 500 Amp equalizer and booster plus extra 12" sub-woofer and a large extra battery to drive the sound system, AM/FM with CD changer & USB port plus MP3 port, excellent upholstery & carpet, 9 foot bimini, docking lights etc. etc. Too much to list here but we couldn't have added any more if we spec'd it out from the catalog. This was a bargain compared to the same boat new in 2013 at $54,000. Now in 2016 the same equipment will cost $62K. Our 2005 is looking pretty good by now.
    Last edited by Captain Tony; 05-04-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: spelling
    Captain Tony
    2005 Summit by Triton - 220T Platinum 3Log
    2005 115HP Mercury Optimax - 228 Marine Master Trailer
    St. Louis & Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

To Rickdb1: You have to prioritize!
    2012 Berkshire 230 CL LTD w/Tap Fins
    2012 90 HP Mercury on 6" Z-Lock Jack Plate and Stingray Stabilizer Fin
    2013 Load Rite Elite Trailer
    Located in beautiful Sunny, Central Virginia

+ Reply to Thread