Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dumb and Dumber go fishing

Default Dumb and Dumber go fishing

A buddy of mine had been planning a saltwater trip for us on his Tracker Pro V for about a month now and I was to meet him at 7am this morning to head out. I made the 30 minute drive to his house with all my gear ready to roll and arrived right on time. We hop in his truck and head out to make the hour drive to the ramp we planned to launch from. Just before we get there we stop at a little convenience store/ bait shop and grab some drinks and snacks. When I come out I find him digging through the boat cussing. Seems his "favorite" bait bucket blew out somewhere along the way. No biggie, we will just have to cut a drink bottle off at the top to put our cut up squid chunks in. A short 2 mile drive brings us to the ramp where as we are unhooking the straps I discover my iphone is no longer in my pocket, and nowhere to be found in the truck or boat. We put the straps back on and zip back to the store to see if it fell out in the parking lot, or if I left it on the counter. No luck. As we are looking and old fella sitting by the door suggests my buddy call my phone. DOH! We hear a faint ring and find it...under the seat in the truck..DOH! again! Back to the ramp we go. My buddy backs the boat to the ramp and we hop out, unhook the tie down straps (again), and get her ready to launch. I am headed for the truck to back the boat in when my buddy starts cussing. Had to ask a couple of times before he would tell me what the problem was...no boat keys! Game over! Took me most of the hour long ride back home for him to calm down. lol. That's two for him so far this year. He put the plug in the live well hole a few months back and had to drain the boat at the ramp for a good 15 minutes to get all the water out. lmao. Ahhhh good times!
    Toonless
    Hopewell, Va - James River/Appomattox River

Great story...made me feel like I was there, kinda glad I wasn't.
    Randy

2003 Bennington 207FS 2003 60 HP Mercury Bigfoot 4S
    Tooning on Caesars Creek Lake in Beautiful Southwestern OH
    If you're not having fun...You're not trying hard enough!

vermilionfox Guest

Been there done that with the key. There's now a spare boat key hidden in the tow vehicle!

I am laughing so hard right now. What a great story!

Good story NF!!:cool:
    Rick

St. Louis/Lake of the Ozarks

Yep, been there myself with the missing keys! I now carry a spare key in the truck. Lesson learned !
    Hayden & Carla Baldwin
    Arkansas & Illinois
    2001 Beachcomber, 20ft with 40HP Mercury 2 stroke
    2011 Rettey Classic 7X14ft with a 20HP Yamaha 4 Stroke

I've never forgotten my boat keys in the few years that I've been boating. I have a set of spare keys hidden on the boat just in case.

I keep a set of boat and trailer keys on my truck key ring and a spare truck key on my boat/trailer key ring. So does my buddy Scott after that incident. lol. And yes, we are still giving him crap about it. lol
    Toonless
    Hopewell, Va - James River/Appomattox River

+ Reply to Thread