Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First 2013 Cruise

Default First 2013 Cruise

Here it is, late January, with the highs in the upper 70's, and lots of boats are getting out this week. Everyone is wearing shorts and bathing suits, so maybe there is something to this global warming thing

I got the boat cleaned up and went out for a short cruise today just to make sure things are working right. It was running a little rough at first - missing at WOT and erratic idle. Seemed to line out after a while though - maybe I had a little water in the gas.

Anyway, I bought a Moeller fuel water separator/filter online last week, but haven't installed it yet. It is supposedly a Mercury equivalent, but the instructions say that it is not recommended for engines with electric fuel pumps. I thought all engines these days had electric fuel pumps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130126-00273..jpg
Views:	39
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	578
    =============
    Walter
    Harris Flotebote Sunliner
    Amite River Diversion
    Head of Island, LA

Killing me with that pic!! But i wouldn't worry about the filter. Been running nearly the same thing on mine for 6 years on my Merc 90 4 stroke. Most are rated for 30-60 Gal per hour flow and I doubt I could come close to that..
    Rick

St. Louis/Lake of the Ozarks

Thanks for the info Rick. Do you change the filter cartridge periodically?
    =============
    Walter
    Amite River Diversion
    Head of Island, LA

I change mine every fall when i winterize the boat. But I've never had any water in any of them. I empty the filter into a glass jar and it's always been pure gas..
    Rick

St. Louis/Lake of the Ozarks

Fredericksburg, VA. (Halfway between Washington DC and Richmond)

Quote Originally Posted by LSU Engineer View Post
    Here it is, late January, with the highs in the upper 70's, and lots of boats are getting out this week. Everyone is wearing shorts and bathing suits, so maybe there is something to this global warming thing

I got the boat cleaned up and went out for a short cruise today just to make sure things are working right. It was running a little rough at first - missing at WOT and erratic idle. Seemed to line out after a while though - maybe I had a little water in the gas.

Anyway, I bought a Moeller fuel water separator/filter online last week, but haven't installed it yet. It is supposedly a Mercury equivalent, but the instructions say that it is not recommended for engines with electric fuel pumps. I thought all engines these days had electric fuel pumps.

Attachment 578
    I pretty much wear shorts all year around (Guess it's the Hawaiian in me) but lately we've been freezing our butts off and I'll have sweat pants on over my shorts and when I get wherever we're going (Gym, bowling alley, wherever) I'll take em off.............Unbelievable that just a couple hrs by plane south of us Walter and Dawn are enjoying their pontoon boat. We're still at least 3 months away from even thinking of taking our boat out of storage. You are the envy of the forum right now!
    Daril and Diane Godinez
    2004 Bennington 2275 RL I/O Tritoon
    4.3L V6 MPI 220 HP
    Stainless Mirage prop 17P

Fredericksburg, Virginia near beautiful
    Lake Anna..........

If you're Scared........say you're Scared.........

Don't envy us - come summer, we'll be 100° x 100% humidity and swatting mosquitoes as big as pigeons. :-0
    =============
    Walter
    Amite River Diversion
    Head of Island, LA

+ Reply to Thread