Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: T.A.P. Fin System

Thank you Skippy, that's actually an interesting looking product. In the 5 or so years we've been hearing about them this is the first time I've seen them.

They are very high on the tube, higher than most performance strakes, is there some logic behind that?
    2006 Forester 19 Fish (new deck and carpet, Pontoonstuff interior, 2019)
    1996 Mercury 50 ELPT4S
    1983 Sea Nymph FM171 Striper (complete rebuild from hull up, 2014)
    1985 Johnson 70 J70ELCO

Raystown Country, PA

Larry,
    Yes,...There is logic behind this. For years Iv'e tryed to tell of the logic but have be kicked around for it . I just read up on your project from last year, Have done something close to that on my 28ft pontoon. I moved the log 2 times and found the sweet spot But it's a pain being under the pontoon.(as you know)After reading of you and your project WE have a lot incommen Sorry for calling you a Jerk, Not so I can send you LOTS of pictures (over 1700) of pontoons in all different ways ... your call.Good luck on your next toon.
    Malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by funtooner View Post
    No spam,
    Fact... In the February 2011 issue of PD&B you can read the test on 2 pontoons and see the photos. Both of you guys have been jerks with reguards to the facts,Your more than welcome to speak your mind but please do so with the truth .Your more than welcome to get a FREE dvd on the TAP Fins. Just e mail us at info.conradmarine.com be glad to send some info out to you.
    By the way you guys can look this up on this forum too.
    I don't think I have ever put down your product. I just don't like your tactics. This post is an example. 1) Making me go find the feb 2011 issue instead of providing a link. 2)Calling people jerks..yep I get on board any minute now.

W2F
    Lets not go there (putting down the fins... ) what was ~ was. As for tactics, Look at the way you guys where so open minded..??
    Lets face it, You and I do not see things eye to eye. How is that "special" ea 48HP doing?
    I just wish I could have help Larry on that project... (The out come would have been alot different. He spent alot of Time ,Money and effert on that.) Hope you have a great week.

Skippy Guest

Rick,
    They're welded.
    Thanks for your interest,

Skippy

Skippy Guest

Moser,
    Thanks for your interest. Here is a link to the PDB article.
    http://www.pontoon.net/boat-news/dis...09&StartRow=21

Skippy
    Last edited by Skippy; 05-22-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Shoot, I'd give em a try on my old toon. Couldn't hurt! Tad out of my price range though.
    Toonless
    Hopewell, Va - James River/Appomattox River

gary4421 Guest

Wish I would have done the "suggested" before and after testing. All I can go by is the changes that I can tell. Everyone that has ridden in my boat before and after the TAP Fins were installed have commented on the positive difference. I boat at Indian Lake , Ohio. Would be more than happy to take anyone for a ride. We do plan to take additional photos and hopefully a video. Just haven't been able to do so yet. Thanks folks for all your comments. Very satisfied that I was made aware of this site. Have seen many good tips!

gary4421 What kind of boat set-up do you have?
    I won't be up that way until late July, I may have to look you up for a ride.
    Randy

2003 Bennington 207FS 2003 60 HP Mercury Bigfoot 4S
    Tooning on Caesars Creek Lake in Beautiful Southwestern OH
    If you're not having fun...You're not trying hard enough!

gary4421 Guest

Hi Buckeye Boater
    My outboard is a 115 HP Evinrude. 2003 24 ft. Smokercraft. send me a note when you will be near Indian Lake and would like to take a ride.
    Thanks,
    Gary4421

+ Reply to Thread