Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: it's that time,... to clean the logs.

Thought about cleaning, bought the cleaner. Thats as far as I got this year. Maybe in the spring when out of storage.
    2017 Harris Cruiser 200
    Tri-toon
    115hp Merc

I agree with those who feel the acid wash does take a bit of aluminum with it.
    Up until I put in the vertical lift last year I used to winter store the tritoon on the trailer.

Each year I would power wash the tunes, outside was easy but under the boat on the inside
    of the outer 'toons and both sides of the center 'toon required crawling on the gravel driveway
    and trying to power spray the center one. Too much, too wet, too old for that.

However, if you are going to do that, instead of acid wash try using a gallon of so of white
    vinegar in a spray bottle to soften the build up. Leave it on for an hour or so and apply
    a second coat. The power washer can now get the softened algae off a lot easier.

P.S. Once you have it really clean, buy a lift to use during season. Then store it on the
    trailer or store it on the lift. It makes boating a lot easier and winter maintenance goes much smoother.
    Captain Tony
    2005 Summit by Triton - 220T Platinum 3Log
    2005 115HP Mercury Optimax - 228 Marine Master Trailer
    St. Louis & Lake of the Ozarks, MO.

Performance in maintaining maintenance....Cleaning in side of your strake
    Removing Zebra mussels and other Aquatic life..

Performance after the newness is off.?
    Attached Thumbnails Alige in strakes extra $$$ to clean inside to get added weight out (Alige  sand  etc).jpg  
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins
    8525 Sylvan
    200 H O E Tec

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

Yep, things do and will get into things, like Zebra Mussels.
    algae can get thick in side the strake as well.
    Things they never explain
    Attached Thumbnails Zebra mussels  and other Aquatic life will grow in side Plugging draining of water so strake can.jpg   dirty 4 inch strake#1.jpg  
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins
    8525 Sylvan
    200 H O E Tec

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

+ Reply to Thread