Pontoon boat and deck boat magazine
home
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Logic, on TAP Fins

FogHorn,
    yep look at what works and the fake works!!!
    like the news.
    Glad to see your on it. They have stepped strakes on inside.
    Malcolm ( Goofy )
    TAP Fins
    8525 Sylvan
    200 H O E Tec

" Keep a fire in your heart and a smile on your face, for you never know when your leaving this place"

Malcolm, I’d like to know the “who, what, where, and how-much?” answers to the TAP fins. For example, for a NON-TAP-FIN equipped boat... Who makes the installation? Where do they make that installation. And how much does it typically cost?

While I’m not especially interested in the usual installation, I have become disenchanted with another aspect of my boat’s performance. Two photos which you or your company have posted illustrate my issue.... that of wake-turbulence. When I pull toobers or skiers the wake of my Tri-toon (2.75 actually) places the towed guests almost “awash” in spray from my transom-mount “V”. My SouthBay 522FCR has a 3/4-length center “toon” and behind that is the combination transom-mount/fuel-tank “bay” which is triangular-shaped. The sharp bow of that thing creates quite a high and turbulent spray ... and I’d prefer a smoother wake than that.

I was thinking of adding something like your TAP-Fins to the sides of that fuel-tank/transom-mount bay... when I came across this picture at your website. I also see a promotional photo of one of your installations of a boat that has a similar wake-spray pattern, and I wonder two things:
    1- Can you supply, and can I install at reasonable cost fins such as that depicted on the transom-bay in the first picture?
    2-Does the boat in the second picture have those fins on it’s transom-bay?
    3-How much would only those fins for the transom cost? And can you ship them for installation or do you require me to bring my boat to you?

Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails BA9D4684-4C52-48D3-93FD-7038FC1FEDBA.jpg   719453C0-0368-4695-AD67-F92B5188EE02.jpg  
    2015 SouthBay 522FCR w/150 Yamaha

+ Reply to Thread