WoodenPontoon has been a forum member since 2008 and has offered fun and practical advice over the years. He certainly knows a lot as he built his pontoon out of wood with his own two hands!
1. What kind of boat do you currently own?
I have a tri-hulled,hand-crafted all wooden pontoon, which I built over many years!
2. What is your favorite thing about it?
It's very unique! There's not another one like it.
3. What is your dream boat?
This is my dream boat!!! However, while I was building her, it sometimes seemed like a nightmare!
4. Share a fun/exciting boating memory:
In 2009, we took the boat to the PDB Forum Get-Together at Raystown Lake, PA. Got to meet a lot of great people and toon around with my newly launched boat. Found out that a 6-gallon portable gas tank wasn't big enough for my boat!
5. What is the must have boating accessory?
A good anchor. It seems that much of our time on the lake is spent standing still.
6. How long have you been boating?
This is my fourth season as a motor boater.
7. Where do you typically boat?
Most of my boating is on Gardeners Lake in Eastern Connecticut.
8. What part of the country has the best boating?
I've only boated in the northeast. A warmer climate would lead to more time for the lakes, maybe the southeast.